Android Tablet Advice

May 6, 2011
Hey all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place...move if so :).

Anyways, I'm looking at getting an Android tablet after christmas with my money and I am stuck between a few choices:

The Asus Eee Pad Transformer (with Dock...yay best buy discount)

The Acer Iconia A500 OR A100 (depends on price)

The Nook Tablet

I'm looking to watch movies, listen to music, youtube, and maybe play games. Downloading applications is a must and I would like to be able to possibly connect remotely to my desktop while I'm away via Wifi or 3G. (I play an MMO and would like to manage it via remote desktop) Rooting is not required, but would be nice if I could see some custom themes for each of the above tablets and what they could do for me.

Any advice/suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance,

FB

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
The transformer should meet your requirements easily. There are apps out there so you can connect to your desk top via Wifi, the TF is not a 3G device. I've had my TF for a couple of months now and I love it. Fast, easy to use, tons of apps, bluetooth connectability for speakers and headsets. Good luck on your search!

May 6, 2011
The transformer should meet your requirements easily. There are apps out there so you can connect to your desk top via Wifi, the TF is not a 3G device. I've had my TF for a couple of months now and I love it. Fast, easy to use, tons of apps, bluetooth connectability for speakers and headsets. Good luck on your search!

Cheers m8. I know the TF Is not a 3g device, i was thinking more about hot spotting from my phone

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I have a Transformer and love it. WIth the stock installed MyCloud app which uses Splashtop HD, you can remote to your PC with this and play a game on it. If you have a Bluetooth Controller and are within range of the computer you can use the controller and the Transformer becomes a wireless monitor for it.

Beyond that, it is a great device, and if you want to root there is a quick root tool that anyone can use on any of the hardware and it takes about 10 seconds.

May 6, 2011
Any idea what the cheapest price on a TF101 is these days? Since Best Buy price matches, i want the best deal ;)

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
You should be able to get the 16 GB for $300 new. Used will be cheaper and amazon had a buy back on the TF101 do there should be some used ones flooding there soon.