Android Tablet for under $200???

dooley6089

Jun 10, 2012
My birthday is coming up and I'm thinking of getting myself an android tablet. I do not currently own one. The only technology I own is a 13" macbook pro and a iPhone 4. As you can see, I have been leaning toward the technology Apple has to offer for a while, but not any more. I want an android tablet because I would like to do more reading, and after some research I discovered the only tablets that allow you to purchase the Kindle app are the iPad and the Android tablets. While iPads are probably great, they're pretty pricey. What I'm looking for is a simple tablet, nothing special, that I can get for under $200 that has the Kindle app, which I think all the android tablets do. Any features such as a camera, other apps (like Angry Birds), places to store music or rent TV shows, etc. would all just be bonuses. To sum it all up, I want a simple concrete tablet that I can get for $200 or less that provides fairly fast internet browsing, and will function as a good e-reader.

Thank you for your time, I'd love to hear your experiences and anything else you have to share

Thanks again!

emueyes

Apr 25, 2012
Hi Dooly

I noticed in the supermarket (!) the other day a Pengo 7" tablet, running ICS, and priced at $149 Australian $. At that price I was thinking of another one for myself, the 7" form factor is quite nice. I imagine they can be had in other countries too.

Rob