Android tablet with good battery life for use as pdf reader?

kitfreeman

Nov 7, 2010
Hi, I'm looking for a cheap Android pad (preferably under $150), mainly for reading pdfs and ebooks. Good battery life is very important. Probably a 4x3 screen. Stylus for annotating pdfs. I want wifi for browsing but don't really need phone, gps etc. Any other features a bonus.

Does anyone have any recommendations, please, both for a pad and a recommended seller?

Best, Kit

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
A Le Pan Mini might be a good choice. They have an 8" 1024x768 ips screen. 4:3 ratio
Mine runs 8 to 10 hours on a charge. Quad core great viewing angles. I would recommend it highly. It does not come with a stylus though. It is on sale until the 18th for 129.00 at OfficeMax. You can read reviews here. Lepanforum.com

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi Sir, i think you can consider the AINOL NOVO 7 AX1 3G TABLET PC , it's only about $139, and support Ebook(UMD, TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2), Dual Camera,3G,WIFI,Gravity Sensor, HDMI,Bluetooth .7 inch IPS display , RAM 1GB+ ROM 8GB. Built-in 3000mAH battery, can work continuously for a long time, nice battery life performance . you can have a look , very suitable for you !

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Truth in advertising. Looks like spemall sells the ainol and I am a moderator on a Le Pan forum. But I have had a 4 Le Pan models and been very satisfied. Plus I make no money from this recommendation. Just a fan of the product. The mini does not have HDMI out but it supports wireless display which is the same thing without the need for wires.. Plus the difference between a 7" and 8" display is dramatic. I've had 7's and 9.7's and 10.1's and I'd say the 8" is the perfect size. Big enough but still very small and light. I use my mini for at home browsing, answering email etc. At work I use an HP Touchpad. 9.7" 4:3. You have to port android to it but you can find them on ebay for 100 bucks if you keep your eyes open.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A