Android Tablet With Turtle-Like Performance

TechnicGeek

Nov 13, 2012
I have a tablet I bought 3 years back from Chinese store. It's PIPO M9 Max and initially it was fast but after a few months performance started to degrade until it was no longer bearable. I mean apps have a delay of 5 seconds to load, browsing has 3 seconds to navigate pages. It has Android 4.2.2 and as current but it's custom rom and I am not aware of new rom for it. I think after I updated Android versions to newer from it's original, everytime time performance was back to normal but for a short while.

I am not sure what caused this performance degradation after each update. Anyone knows whether there's non-specific rom, kind of generic that will work with any minor Chinese brand tablet? What would be your suggestion?

Thanks

loadeddiapers

Aug 8, 2015
Is not hurt trying to clear the cache first. Or you can try reset it to factory settings. It is normal to see lag with each software update, but in your case the lag is too much :)

Sent from my Redmi2 Prime using Tapatalk

Lateck

Dec 20, 2011
I too had an older ASUS TF101 that was slooooowwwing down. Did a full factory reset and that helped for a while.
Finally got a newer tablet with newer internals. Now I'm back up to speed.
Older tablets, phones any electronics will become out dated and slow down. My Windows ME computer is slow too ☺

Lateck

TechnicGeek

Nov 13, 2012
I did all this but slowdown always comes back after a while. Guess I just need new tablet and avoid Chinese brands, let alone non-brands.