Android Tablets app -- forecloses...

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
As the title says the forum app closes on me on start-ups. It has been frequently happening the last four days. I uninstalled it and downloaded it again and it worked for a bit, now I just tried to open it and its closed on me.

Am I the only one with this problem, or are you guys also experiencing it?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Did you by chance delete Phone.apk? Tapatalk depends on the phone app...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mahojazz

Mar 7, 2011
Hi, i am having similar problem. Android tablet apps will start and i can read thread when i am not login. But once i log in, opening any thread will.force close. I am using archos 101 with firmware 2.1.8. And i have deleted the phone.apk. may i know how can i get the phone.apk again? I have checked that i have a dialer v2.2.1 running background. Is the dialer same as phone.apk?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
No, it's not the same. You'll probably have to have someone with your tablet send you the apk our extract it from an official firmware.

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
I'm thinking i may have deleted the phone.apk. I'll have to wait till i get home to check.
Thanks for the help!

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
I definitely deleted the phone.apk, so what can I do about fixing it?
I would really like to get the app to work once again...

jackpotcoyote

Mar 6, 2011
pull the phone.apk out of the official build or your clockwork backup and then push it to system/app or use root explorer to copy/paste it back, then reboot.

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
jackpot -- I'm a total noob when it comes to Android os. I was able to root it following the instructions, and I thought I was being carefull with deleting unused apps but apparently not careful enough.

So in all honesty, I have absolutely no idea how to aquire the phone.apk. I was trying to decipher your post but I can't seem to comprehend what you mean. Was the clockwork automatically added once I rooted? If I don't the have the clockwork recovery, how can I possibly get the phone.apk to work once again?

Thanks for helping!

mahojazz

Mar 7, 2011
Hi i am very interested in this too. How do i pull out the phone.apk? I cant find the steps on the web. Even google returns back to the forum page. Thanks alot.

mahojazz

Mar 7, 2011
hi, i have checked my root folder using root explorer, it seems my phone.apk is still around. i even tried installing it again. but the problem still persist. Guess i have no luck in this.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You have to place the apk in /system/app and then run 'sync' from a terminal emulator or adb shell.