Android Tablets Gaining Ground Quickly with 34% Global Marketshare in Q1

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
android-vs-apple-jedis.jpg

Fans of Android tablets will be happy to know that 'Andy' is rising fast in the global market for tablets. According to an International Data Corporation (IDC), marketing data report, Android tablets now account for 34% of the global tablet markets. This is an 8.2% rise from the previous quarter. To put it in perspective, in the 3rd quarter of 2010, the iPad had a 93% market share, and Android didn't exist in the tablet market. Furthermore, this rise to 34% occurred during a period that actually saw a 28% decrease in total global sales of all tablets during that same quarter.

Obviously, the feisty fruit that started the tablet craze to begin with, still holds a large chunk of the tablet global market. However, it must be worrying to the tech-giant to see Android rapidly gaining marketshare in tablets, just like it did in smartphones. This must give Apple a "deja vu" feeling, and now it starts to make sense why they are desperately suing everyone that might pose a threat to their continued dominance in the industry they pioneered.

Hmmm... come to think of it, Apple is probably also experiencing a deeper "deja vu", akin to their past battles with Microsoft. Sometimes making it to the top of the heap first makes it tougher to hold on to that spot.

Hit the Source Link below if you want to read the full IDC report.

Source: TalkAndroid

Jun 29, 2011
Would it be possible to get a copy of that background in high resolution? It would make a great wallpaper for my NOOKcolor. :cool:

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Would it be possible to get a copy of that background in high resolution? It would make a great wallpaper for my NOOKcolor. :cool:

I like it a lot too, unfortunately, I found it on the web, and that is the only size I could find. You might try to Google (image) it and see if you can find the original artist. Good luck!