Anit Virus software

spongebob5961

Dec 30, 2012
Hi all...new tablet user here (I know, not another one). What's the best, least invasive and memory/system taxing antivirus app for my A2109a-f?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I tend to use Lookout on my devices. On my Coby with its Allwinner CPU it tends to bog down the system when it does a software scan. On my Dell Streak with a Snapdragon processor I don't even notice Lookout when it runs. The A2109's processor is a Tegra 3, so it should run Lookout without a problem.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Since this is an a2109 forum, I assume you have Norton by default. Is there a reason not to use it?

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Hello All,
I just installed the Avast Mobile Security App. from the google play store, so far anyway... I'm totally satisfied with the software. Before I chose the Avast Mobile product, I read a lot of the user reviews in there. Most user's are totally satisfied with it, and at least on my Lenovo A2109... it doesn't seem to cause me any problems as of yet. I may end up having to'root' my tablet yet, so I can get all of the Avast features to be'enabled'. It surely won't be the first time I've ever'rooted' a tablet.
David

petprotector

Jan 5, 2013
Good question I am new to tablets too and would like to know what the best anti-virus software is to use for tablets?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Since this is an a2109 forum, I assume you have Norton by default. Is there a reason not to use it?
If it's anything like Norton for Windows it runs piggishly slow and basically takes over the system. The only good thing is that when you uninstall Norton it doesn't leave parts behind.

I am so not a Norton fan.

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Dear Traveller1701,
I totally agree with you about Norton, it's a 'total' resource hog..I've used the Avast software before..just never on android.
David

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I use Avast on Windows. It doesn't bog down the system and also doesn't try to be anything more than an anti-virus program. You should be fine using it on Android.