Another Battery Suddenly Draining Thread

derricw

Aug 6, 2011
Hello,
I am now on my second Tab 10.1. I returned my first one because on two occasions it suddenly died when the battery said that it had 60-70% remaining.

I was so upset to just have my second one drain to zero just a min ago while playing tower defense. My battery was at about 40% at the time.

Scrolling through these forums I can see that other people are having the same problem. I am wondering, that, since I have had two in a row that do this, perhaps this is a big problem that most people just don't report.

Does anyone have any clue as to what could be causing this? It is a firmware issue? Has Samsung said anything about this? Simple google searches make it seem as though it is a ubiquitous problem.

Should I return this one as well?

It saddens me because I have already bought several apps for it and I'd love to keep it but I don't know if I can deal with it just suddenly dying all the time.

jeme223

Aug 7, 2011
do you leave it on over night but just turn off the screen? if so then apps are still running in the background, therefore draining the battery, but perhaps when you turn back on the screen it doesnt have enough time to update its battery percentage without dying... just a thought