Another Clone

therealpongo

Feb 17, 2011
Here's another one (which I bought last week) Model TouchPad II (TR718D), Android Version 2.1, Firmware Version v1.02.11-2010.12.17_English. Kernal 2.6.25, Bulid V0.18.Eclair.English.R.zmg.20101112.142908. It has a very good resistive screen. It looks identical to the Wopad TB7001

Interestingly no GMail or Market. I'm confused by the fact that it reports Cell standby using the majority or the battery, and Goggle Maps pins my location down to within 30 meters or so, but no SIM slot. How does it do that ? Also there is no "contacts" app in the appdrawer and Both Beautiful Widgets and Fancy Widgets look crap on the stock launcher. I installed LauncherPro and the whole thing is much more responsive, with Fancy and Beautiful widgets both working fine. Also, the Launcherpro link to my contacts brings up the lot all synched with Google !!

I'd be interested if anyone has got GMail or the Market working on this device.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
does it have a trackball? A lot of these devices are reporting as TR718D.

rossy

Mar 3, 2011
I've just bought one of these too.
Been attempting to get the market on it with my extremely limited skills, to no avail. Manage to get the app installed and can browse through lists, but clicking on an individual application makes it force close. An old version of the market lets me add downloads but doesn't download them!

pongo, have you had trouble with the battery indicator being wildly incorrect?

slink138

Dec 5, 2010
This sounds like the one that i have purchased as well. The numbers match up, blue track ball, and a battery level that is wildly incorrect. Mine also has the same problem with the cell standby being on. The market came on mine though and i have been able to put gmail on it. Have either of you been able to root this tablet or can you point me in the direction of someone who has? I want to be able to connect with my phone for internet while traveling and would like to shut off the cell standby to increase battery life.
Thanks