Another new member :-)

stratguy

Feb 21, 2012
Hi folks, I just joined your community tonight and thought I should stop by the new users thread and say howdy. I've been a long time iOS user and still am but I finally got tired of drinking apples kool-aid all by itself:) So I just bought a new but an older Acer Iconia A500 32GB tablet which fit my budget very nicely for now and when I learn the Droid OS and save a few more bucks I'll no doubt update to a newer Tegra quad core tablet of some sort depending on how well I like this Acer it might be another Acer or a different brand I'll just have to see how it goes.

I bought my current A50032GB from Tiger Direct which tells me it is shipped with Honeycomb but I'm hoping that is old info that Tiger just never bothered to update. But if it does show up with Honeybomb :) I'll be scanning and searching the threads and archives here to see if I can at least update my A500 to icecream sandwich. The info on Tigers page says it can be updated to icecream sandwich but that remains to be seen.

Nice meeting everyone and I'll do my best not to ask to many stupid questions :)

stratguy

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Stratguy, welcome to Android tablets and congratulations on the new Acer. Nice of you to become a member of the forum. AFAIK your A500 will arrive with HC installed and the ICS is scheduled to arrive via an OTA update some time in April. To be sure though, you'll want to click on this link to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum and check with the experts on that particular tablet. Read through the "Sticky" threads at the beginning and then look through the recent threads for all the latest information. If you have any questions that aren't already being discussed, that's the place to start a new thread and ask them. Enjoy your new tablet and the forum!

stratguy

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks spider for the steer in the right direction and hope to see you around the forum!!