Any Recommended App for brightness

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
The auto-brightness control either doesn't work consistently or it simply can't/won't dim the screen enough in a darkened room, which leaves me staring into a glaringly bright screen when reading at night.

So I end up going to settings and setting it down as far as it can go. Then I have to do the same thing to set it up again in the morning.

Has anyone encountered a GOOD widget that allows access to this slider and/or the check box?

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I use and love Quick Settings, from the market. It allows you to turn auto brightness on or off and adjust intensity. No more menu digging.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

pentool

May 1, 2011
I tried a few and finally settled with this one.

However, what I found is that none of them actually dims the display enough in a dark room. I find the display still bright at 0% when all the lights are off. I like the iTouch's display better from this way, since it can be dimmed down quite well.

However, I've noticed that using MoboPlayer, I can dim the video WAY down. Not sure why. Maybe the video brightness and LCD brightness are two different things on this tablet...?

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
This one. $uploadfromtaptalk1305935110708.jpg

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Ok, thanks, that's the one I got.
It seems to be ok. (I thought it was a widget but I guess not).
Shake to brighten does not seem to work, and once you make settings (at least when running it as a window) you can't get at the settings any more so you have to go in and clear settings (via the settings menu) and then reset everything again. Why is there no tools menu button?

But it will take brightness down to almost zero.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I talked to the developer; they're going to adapt it to the tablet soon. I use it on my phone and on my phone, it's fantastic. It stays in your pulldown so it's always where you need it, no matter what program you're in. Not yet for the tablet, though. For the tablet I simply configured it for the settings I use the most.

frieslander

May 18, 2011
I just tap the right bottom of the screen, it expands. Then tap the symbol just under the last number of the clock and the Brigtness slider appears.

wijawara

Jul 27, 2011
I am using Display Brightness. It seems to work for Iconia. Just dont go below 3% or you need to clear data cache to reset. Also dont choose to restart app when reboot the machine.

Desso

Jul 18, 2011
except outside, i keep my screen as dim as it will go. i see it fine and it sves tons of battery.

wolfganggold

May 11, 2011
I use widgetsoid, free on the market. It's allowed me to replace several individual widgets and combine them into a single toolbar-like one. Mine lets me toggle wifi, brightness, and the led flashlight and also shows me free internal and external memory, sound settings, and battery temperature. It's highly configurable and can pretty much show you whatever you want. It also includes a clock widget. It's pretty cool for the money!

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Why don't you click on your reader settings and just click "night"
The screen will be black with white letters.
If you use FB Reader all you have to do is drag your finger down along the left side of the screen and you can lower brightness to complete darkness.