Anyone else see this... I am trying it now.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I really hope this works....

The original article Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

The XDA thread CM7 + Honeycomb Music App = Cloud Music Sync WORKING!!!!! - xda-developers

The .apk com.google.android.music.apk

So I side-loaded through Dropbox I didn't change/remove the old music player and it appears to be working.... So far.

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on where or how the files are synced (via XDA) but I only just started to read the thread, haven't finished yet, and I had to try it.

My%20Account.jpg

To give you an idea of the cost of Google storage.

This is a very exciting development. I have a large amount of cheap Google storage just waiting to embrace my music collection.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed...

Last edited:

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
thanks for the heads up... any further information after using it for a while?

Yes and no, It is a beautiful music player but I have yet to find any indication of file-sync. I have left it alone for a few hours now after getting positive results with the JumperTest. But I still have no idea if it is syncing.

I was unable to figure out how to remove the stock music player but it instaledl right along side and fired up the first time I tried it. I am going to leave it be for a while and check it later.

On a side note it the new music player did not play nice with my Aria which is also on nightlies, however that is a different animal entirely.

I will update with any success of failure for now I am hoping it is :rolleyes:automagically:rolleyes: just working Google style :cool: