Anyone have a stock ROM for a 7022?

Sarge18

Jul 5, 2011
Alright, since this is a relatively new tablet, there's not a lot out there for clear, detailed information, especially for a person relatively new to Android (even if not new to Linux or Unix environments).

I've managed to install ClockWork Mod, made a backup, installed Market, rooted, all in that order. When I went to install the normal Google Calendar, Contacts and requisite syncing items, I would get a ton of Force Closes, and be unable to access the Calendar. The 7022 suffers from the same problem as the 7015, and I used the same process that is described in this site.

Went to go back and roll the system back to original, and of course, since I've replaced apps, they don't truly roll back. Booted into CW Mod to reinstall the original ROM, no dice. Stupid this was gone. Couldn't tell you where it went.

So, I'm looking for an original, so that I can start from scratch and see where I went wrong. I'm willing to bet it is an order of install issue.

Thanks,
Jed

alextompkins

Sep 25, 2011
Could anybody help me.

Something went wrong when I was attempting to update my MID7022, and now I cannot get past the Coby logo on boot up. I tried downloading the stock ROM from 4shared, but couldn't get it to work. Is there anybody who can help me out?

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Could anybody help me.

Something went wrong when I was attempting to update my MID7022, and now I cannot get past the Coby logo on boot up. I tried downloading the stock ROM from 4shared, but couldn't get it to work. Is there anybody who can help me out?

Did you have trouble downloading file? did you use clockworkmod when flashing this file? Also you can't flash this file as zip you have to extract the folder and put the clockworkmod folder on your micro SD card. Hope this helps.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

mparker4152

Jan 10, 2012
I have a 5 day old Kyros 7022. I managed to root the device through SuperOneClick also downloaded the root checker app and it gave me the thumbs up that the device was rooted and busybox was installed. I even had the SuperUser app. I thought I was smart and decided to someone's suggestion of editing the build.prop file to make the tablet think it was a phone so I would have greater access to Android Market. When I powered down the tablet and powered back up, I get the COBY screen and no further. I have nothing to fall back on. I have tried numerous suggestions and either I am not that tech savy or I have completely locked this device down like Fort Knox. Any suggestions and or help would be greatly appreciated!