[APK] Camera Swap for Dual-Camera Huawei, Android 2.1 (Root only)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
This app will allow you to make the front camera the default for the duration of your boot. You can undo it if you don't like it.
You need to be rooted for this app to do anything.

Back, home, or menu+quit to get out of the app

Based on http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...pment/7346-camera-swap-best-buy-s7-104-a.html

All credits to Celtus for coming up with the hack.

First time you run it, it will ask for root permission. Should work the second time around anyway.

Can be set to the call button's long or short press. I don't make apps, so sorry for the ugly interface. No screenshots.

It's just a script wrapper of an APK right now...

Someone could probably make a toggle widget for it, and enable it in the notification tray. That's probably too much for me to learn for a while, so I'm leaving this as is.

Attachments

• $S7CamSwap.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 2,004

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
Thanks. What will this mean for Fring, which already detects our front facing camera? Will it then use our rear camera now?

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
If you do this then you have front cam in fring without needing their new cam switch button........ If not then you open fring and hit the button to switch to front cam for video calls.

Sent from my S7 thru space & time

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
I don't seem to have the camera switch button, and updated fring this afternoon.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Have to make a video call or test call..........you will see three buttons

Here is a pic i took with the screenshot app.... showing the bottom half circle arrow button that is the cam switcher.

$screenshot_12.png

Again if you have done nothing to your S7 (brand new) download fring and the new button is there.
If you have done the cam mod then on reboot your camera will default to the front cam
If you also have the GSCRIPT installed and the 2 scripts you can change your default front cam at anytime.

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
I know about the button, but just don't see it. I have flashed the Singapore ROM and rooted, etc.

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
I too do not have the camera swap button. Singapore ROM, no camera mods.

Sent from my GSBv1.5-ERIS

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
hmm , could it be the singapore rom? I am still on the original ROM my s7 came with.

could just try the cam mod, with the 2 gscripts , as this worked with the old version of fring before they updated with the switch button.

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
With camswap my image was seen upside down by the person on the other end :(

Sent from my GSBv1.5-ERIS

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
ya even without the cam swap, original cam settings where your back cam is default.......... even with the fring switcher, seems like video calls are being seen upside down. Not sure why.

While on a video call , try rotating your tablet, see if they see any difference.

rednas

Aug 12, 2011
Thank you very very much to both Celtus and xaueious. I have been looking for this for hours. The app works great on my rooted Viewsonic Viewpad 7.