[APP] Popcorn Player (pop-up, floating video player)

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
klwRsNKURRuENVkb5pkQ_fjifP_F2hOrraJeo3QBGPx9Y6oDh4w0mTrqIjDKbwYAgJ-s=w705

I found this over on xda I am not the dev of this. I've been using it and its working great. Its a cool app for watching vidios while multitasking.

This is all quoted from the thread on xda.
PopCorn Player (Caramel) is a minimalistic and simple pop up player for Phones and Tablets with Android 4.0 and above.
Free pop up video player with realtime re-size (pinch and spread gestures), full screen, watch video offline, multi-window playback.
PopCorn is an innovative video player app for Android. It is a pop-up or floating app that plays video on the top of your screen, above your other apps. PopCorn Player also supports multi-window play back. And best of all, it's AD-FREE and completely FREE!
Try out our Caramel Version today!

Features:
- Pop-up video player
- Minimalistic and lightweight Holo design
- Multi-window video player
- Live resize with multi touch gestures (Pinch and Spread)
- Download online video to Watch Offline
- Full Screen (Double Tap to enable)
- Automatically loop video
- Bookmark video when paused or closed
- Bookmark recently watched video
- Minimize window
- YouTube support
- Facebook video support
- Supports MP4 and WebM formats
- Plays live steaming video*
- HTTP/RTSP Protocol

e7d73e33PGcvC.jpg

Unfortunately, the app was taken out of the Play store due to issues (mainly since it can reproduce YouTube clips, Google does not allow it), but you can download it either from the 1MobileMarket or a direct link I'll post.

Link to Popcorn Player on XDA

1MobileMarket

Popcorn Player v2.1.3

Last edited:

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Nice find, works well on my Evo

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

Yeah it's pretty awesome. I've been looking for something like this since I got the tab cause it has the screen realestate to spare.
If you use the 1Mobile Market you should get updates on the app I believe.

xxdawidxx

Mar 31, 2013
This app is awesome. The greatest thing for me is that when I connect tablet to TV through the HDMI, I can watch video on the fullscreen on my tablet and then just make it very small, put in one of the corners and I am able to chceck email or something on the internet (an still watching film on the TV).
Great app ;)