Apps for Le Pan. Gmail account the only one that will allow access?

tritonx

Jan 16, 2012
When I went to the app store, it required me to open a gmail account. Did so and downloaded a few apps. However, I'm not happy with the new privacy policy coming down. If I delete the gmail account, does that mean I won't be able to d/l android apps? I'm new to Android devices and feeling my way around unfamiliar territory.

keboobi

Jan 23, 2012
You have to have a Google account to use the market place. You can opt to use amazon app store they just don't have everything the marketplace does. Www.Amazon.com/appstore for more info

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

tritonx

Jan 16, 2012
Crap. I really wanted to delete my gmail account. Get off Google Chrome etc. I'm mostly only d/l'ing the free apps, so guess I'll have to deny myself the satisfactions of Google clean out. Thanks for the reply and info though.

Spaceboy62

Jan 12, 2012
Crap. I really wanted to delete my gmail account. Get off Google Chrome etc. I'm mostly only d/l'ing the free apps, so guess I'll have to deny myself the satisfactions of Google clean out. Thanks for the reply and info though.

Well, Google is Android...so that's to be expected I guess.
On the bright side, I did read that the new privacy invasion stuff wasn't going to include the chrome browser.