Apps stop working... after some time

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Hi!

Running 4.1.1. After some times (a few days usually) some stop working. I get error messages. Apps affected show with a little SDCard icon on them, as if they were on the SD card but the SD card was unmounted. Thing is... the SD is mounted. And I don't know if they really ARE on the SD or not. Any way to check if an app is on the SD card rather than in internal storage? And how can I move them back to internal storage?

Cheers,
Gilles.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Last edited:

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Strangely enough, APP2SD says that my A700 has no "real primary external storage, or the primary external storage is emluated"... so not supported. But I have definitely a 32GB microSD card inside, with about 17GB of stuff on it, and the rest available.

Have you installed APP2SD on the A700? With Android 4.1.1 ?

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I use App2SD on my phone and CT 702. My Nexus 7 uses emulated storage (no SD card), so same message as you get.

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
WHich means APP2SD isn't an option.

Anybody here have an Acer A700 with same behavior?

Gilles.

weavejenn

Aug 24, 2013
WHich means APP2SD isn't an option.

Anybody here have an Acer A700 with same behavior?

Gilles.

Yes, Apps2SD was working perfectly until about 2 weeks ago when I received the message about not having a real primary external storage. I haven't done any OTA or other updates recently, so I don't understand why this would just happen. I have Apps2SD on all of my other android devices (phones and other tablets) with no issues. I have been using this app for a very long time and this error really threw me for a loop.

I tried other "Apps2SD" type programs, and they had similar messages about the apps not being able to work properly on the sd card, or the option to move most of the apps would not be allowed (greyed out).