Archos 101 G8 Frozen on Boot-Logo

someone755

Sep 2, 2011
Hi guys!
So, my Archos 101 IT is bugged again...
Just 15 minutes ago, I installed the GTA III for Android game from my PC's Windows/Samba sharing server via the File Expert app. I opened the apk and it asked me if I want to install. Everything went great, but after 15 seconds, the screen jumped to the ARCHOS boot logo and started repeating it.
Now, I've seen this before, but lately, it's starting to annoy me.

So, any ideas what the real problem is and how to fix it?
Because I can't turn it off with any option, but I have to wait for the battery to drain itself.
and hopefully somebody will reply to me this time, because this forum has been ignoring me lately...

Thanks for your help!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There are two possibilities, neither which I think you may like. 1. The app you side-loaded rather than getting it direct from the vendor or a market is compromised with a trojan or just corrupt. 2. The app which you side-loaded has a compatibility issue with your tablet. I would first go with just corrupt app corrupting your Tablet.
The simplest way, is to boot into core management mode and wiping the application stack. This is Pressing the Up Volume and holding it down for five Seconds as you power up. This will offer different choices. You may be finally left with the only option of installing a the firmware directly from your PC The Firmware can be downloaded at Archos.com under the support tab.

someone755

Sep 2, 2011
Thanks for replying!
But no, the app wasn't infected (and not from the market, either :p)
After the tablet drained it's battery, it all went pretty well. Even the game ran (laggy, but it ran).

Also, the recovery menu on the A101IT in opened by holding the 'Vol -' button :)

someone755