Archos 101 internet tablet 3g usb modem

Vagus

Mar 5, 2012
Hello . So my problem is that my usb modem does not connect to the tablet altough there is a 3g usb modem function in it`s settings menu . Could it be from the modem ,should i downgrade or should i buy a different modem (the one i have is a Mf110 i think)? The version on the tablet for the firmware is 2.4.82 and my android is 2.2.1 .
Also is there a way to upgrade it to honeycombe version ?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The installed Firmware is specific to the chipset the ARCHOS USB modem used. If you spring for it or have a USB modem with the same brand internal chipset, you are gold. Otherwise, it is an issue of finding a list of compatible USB modems. It is unique to Archos and you need to search against Archos as other brands are more compatible than others. Unless you plan to use a Community FW, there is no current plan to move beyond Froyo 2.2.1 by Archos.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Vagus - can't help on the modem questions, no experience.

But regarding operating system, I am very satisfied with UrukDroid. (link in my signature line, home is at XDA Developers).

Got rid of all the severe slow downs the Archos used to show before. A lot more polished than factory firmware. Excellent. ;)