Archos 101 vs ViewSonic Gtablet

Mallachar

May 14, 2011
So right now I am looking at a 10 inch tablet for $400 dollars or less, but I am having a hard time finding one that isn't being hammered by reviews.

I was looking at either the Archos 101 or the Viewsonic Gtablet. The issues I am seeing with the Archos 101 is that there are a lot of people complaining about the screen. On the other hand, I see that the gtablet was recently recalled and Amazon seems to not be selling them at the moment because of customer complaints.

Also, I have been PRETTY picky on getting a 10 inch, but is there a noticeable difference between a 10 inch and a 7 inch screen? I want to use it for e books and for school and for watching videos because I travel alot.

Ouroboros

May 14, 2011
I'm in a similar position but with a much lower price range, yet still just as picky... But for school and reading ebooks, at least to me, 7" and 10" is a pretty noticeable difference. 10" of course is more favorable when it comes to reading ebooks. The Kindle DX's screen is 9.7" and I find that pretty suitable. Bigger is better in this case and it doesn't affect the mobility if you ask me, just lessens the strain on your eyes if you read for long periods of time.
(I have to find one this week before I head over to Beijing for almost 2 months. LoL, goodluck to me... :| ...)

beastman

May 8, 2011
What was the gtab recalled for? I like it and it works perfectly running Cyanogenmod. It includes The Real Android Market. There is a lot of support for it at XDA. With instructions from there I was able to get Netflix to work, though it is not oficial for any tablet. In fact Netflix only released it for 5 phones.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Android Tablet Forum

Mallachar

May 14, 2011
What was the gtab recalled for? I like it and it works perfectly running Cyanogenmod. It includes The Real Android Market. There is a lot of support for it at XDA. With instructions from there I was able to get Netflix to work, though it is not oficial for any tablet. In fact Netflix only released it for 5 phones.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Android Tablet Forum

Not sure, Amazon isn't clear on that...

My other question for you the, is what is the response like on the screen? THe Archos seems to have issues with Touch response, although firmware may have fixed that but I am not sure. Plus I was told the Archos 101 seems to have issues viewing from angles.

Is the gtab pretty good?