Archos 70 downloadin Google market place

tonyslim

Oct 26, 2010
I have just received Archos 70 and am trying to download Google Market Place. I have downloaded onto PC and then transferred it to Archos 70. WHen try to open it it comes up PArse error. There is a problem parsing the package. I am unsure of what this means and how I can get it on Archos 70?

I am also trying to download Flashplayer 10.1 but am unsure where to obtain download.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Jseville

Dec 13, 2010

Rose4uKY

Aug 1, 2010
I am getting an Archos next week and was told there is a certain Market I'll want to download after getting the 2.2 update. I was told there is a newer 2.2 upgrade that just came out that fixes some of the bugs that were in the 1st 2.2 update. But someone told me something about the market place being a #2 and a #4 and that I want the #4 is that correct? Cause I know there is a new market now I think on the phones. I just want to make sure I get the correct apk. I think I put it in my file manager and extract from there. I'll read about that more when I get it.

Edit" I Now have the new marketplace on my phone so I do I get that from XDA? I see it says something about 2 zip files on that 1st page I don't really know which to get but I'll figure out as the times comes and I get my Archos.

Last edited:

lumd27

Dec 19, 2010
I am getting an Archos next week and was told there is a certain Market I'll want to download after getting the 2.2 update. I was told there is a newer 2.2 upgrade that just came out that fixes some of the bugs that were in the 1st 2.2 update. But someone told me something about the market place being a #2 and a #4 and that I want the #4 is that correct? Cause I know there is a new market now I think on the phones. I just want to make sure I get the correct apk. I think I put it in my file manager and extract from there. I'll read about that more when I get it.

Edit" I Now have the new marketplace on my phone so I do I get that from XDA? I see it says something about 2 zip files on that 1st page I don't really know which to get but I'll figure out as the times comes and I get my Archos.[/QUOTE

you need to get gAppsInstaller_v4.apk from market and install it and it will work with 2.2
lu

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
So does this version of Android fully support the Google app market? I know originally it was not supported.

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
I noticed this one seems to be newer???
gAppsInstaller_v5-final-source.zip 6.9 MB

Should we use this one?? Do we need the other 3 files?