Are there any new Stylus-Android-Tablets announced?

breytex

Nov 11, 2011
Hello there!

I am looking for a new Android-Tablet, including a build in stylue-input-method for taking notes in lectures (university)
. IT needs a "digitizer", like the HTC Flyer or the Thinkpad Tablet.

My arguments for not buying one of those:
htc flyer: weak processor, a little bit to small, and no save ICS-upgread.
Thinkpad Tablet: to thick, a little bit to big, to expensive comparing to asus transformer, while have not many more features.

I am looking for something like a 8" or 9" android tablet with dikitizer.

Are there any devices like that announced?
Do you thing something like this will be in stores in early 2012?

Otherwise i would go for htc flyer or thinkpad tablet...

Whats your opinion?

Thanks for your help!

bridgebuilder

Jan 24, 2011
I researched this last night and came up with nothing. The 'tablet' most recommended for note-taking, using like pen and paper, was the Entourage Edge, which is still available, but now not being produced any more. The Asus Eee Pad MeMO looks promising (though only 7"), but has been delayed until 2012 with rumours of it being axed by Asus. The concept at Wacom Android Tablet concept looks awesome, but you can't get work done on a concept! I would test the Flyer or Thinkpad, before you buy, because if the pen input isn't smooth enough for you, you'll regret buying.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
All that you need to do is buy the tablet of your choice. Then Purchase a Capacitive stylus for devices like ASUS, Archos, Samsung... If you buy a lower priced tablet, then it may be a resistive screen and need a pressure stylus.
The problem then is software. written note to text software is available, but you need to learn the writing style required. There are some free and paid apps

The issue that must be understood is you learn the app, it really does not learn you.

breytex

Nov 11, 2011
Hi,
thanks for your replys...

I think, i want a Tablet with "build-in-stylus-input-method"...
I dont think that buying a stylus for my asus transformer (witch i am going to sell tomorrow) is as precisely as the stylus-function of a nativ-stylus-tablet.

The wacom looks very nice, but i can not find any announcements of this one.
Maybe i just go for the thinpad tablet, but the price is just overkill.
It does not have any more functionality (but the stylus) than the asus transformer, but costs about 200€ more.

Do you think there will be more stylus-supporting-tablets afters ICS hits the market?