Arnova 8

poeticparadox

Sep 18, 2011
I am hunting for an update to my Arnova tablet so that I can upgrade to at very least Android 2.2. Coming from the MAC/PC world I am having a very hard time wrapping my head around the issues that I have encountered in doing this update. Is there anyone out there that can help me out with this? I am willing to look at all options from developing a ROM image to finding a suitable upgrade path :)

Thanks

igor6p

Oct 27, 2011
I have Archos Arnova 8. After installation of vidget "Supply control" from standard set in device to desktop I pressed button marked with "sun" as for brightness and display became black. I have idea, that I turned off the brightness. And I see that my device is alive - I can see content of memory, I can reset it, I hear some sounds after pressing of display but no image on display. Please, help me. How can I reinstall OS from big PC or may be there is some another ways. Thanks.

criver

Oct 20, 2011
I'm also really interested how to update it to android 2.2 - it should be able to because it has the same chipset as arnova 7 which supports adroid 2.2 - or not?

poeticparadox

Sep 18, 2011
What you can do is go to the Archos site and download the restore image from here, ARNOVA and follow the instructions. This should restore you tablet back to normal.

Hope this helps

I am hunting for an update to my Arnova tablet so that I can upgrade to at very least Android 2.2. Coming from the MAC/PC world I am having a very hard time wrapping my head around the issues that I have encountered in doing this update. Is there anyone out there that can help me out with this? I am willing to look at all options from developing a ROM image to finding a suitable upgrade path :)

Thanks