[Article] Android tablet war: Galaxy Tab vs. 'rooted' Nook Color

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I like to highlight content from smaller sites, and have linked in the past to theunlocker.com, which is run by David Cogen, a student at Florida Atlantic University. The site has several videos related to "rooting" or hacking the Nook Color with custom firmware that allows you to turn Barnes & Noble's color e-reader into a full-on Android tablet.
Cogen recently put together a video comparing a Nook Color rooted with a Froyo (Android 2.2) hack with a Samsung Galaxy Tab that has very similar specs but includes front-and-back facing cameras and a 3G data option for those who want to pay the added service fees. The Galaxy Tab has a smaller footprint, whereas the Nook Color is slightly thinner.
If you're willing to opt-in to a two-year contract with a carrier...
Read more: Android tablet war: Galaxy Tab vs. 'rooted' Nook Color | Crave - CNET

We hold are own against most tabs and as each day goes by, our Nook Color gets better with our vast roms development. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I've used a Galaxy and my NC side-by-side, and for my needs, the NC wins without much trouble. I've also used an iPad side-by-side with my NC, and the NC still wins. I like the freedom of the Android apps, and I like not having a wireless contract with the NC.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
First of all for me it's the size. I got few years back one of the first Asus eee 7" and I could take it everywhere with an extra battery. So when the first "good" tablet came on the market, IPad, I checked it out... way to big, so I waited and waited until 3 "good" tablets appeared on the stores at the same time.: nook color.Huawei and Galaxy. I didn' t like the feel, the touch of Huawey, I liked the Galaxy but I loved the look of the nook and after a lot of thinking, since my first reason for buying was reading and the price was great, I got the NOOk but I also new I could fix it a little bit, that'swhy I searched for a forum. But the possibilities of this little tablet took me by surprise! And I'm super happy with it.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App