Asus eee Pad Loose Wires?

dawnofknight

Dec 17, 2012
Awhile back I bought a asus eee pad transformer, refurbished from Newegg.com. It worked perfectly fine and one day I somehow dinged the border. The frame was a little bent and the screen colors were all messed up. After dealing with the fact that my screen was broken I found the if I kinda, bend/twist the tablet, the colors go back to normal... I still thought it was just my screen and would cost a lot to be replaced. However, after awhile my screen went black. then my friend decided it would be a good idea to hit it.. and WALLA! the screen was normal.. so he hit it again..... it went black.. and again! it turned on! Even after threatening his life he hit it again.. and now I can not get the same thing to happen. This makes me feel that something could be lose like a cord on the inside. Would this be fixable by taking it apart?

Thanks,
Anthony Ventura.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It is possible. The screen is connected by way of a ribbon cable that probably came loose.

dawnofknight

Dec 17, 2012
Could you please go into more detail so i know what to look for when i take it apart? It would be much appreciated. :)

dawnofknight

Dec 17, 2012
That is my bad, I have the Transformer eee Pad TF101, The link you gave me dose not resemble what i have in front of me. I took the back off I am looking at it and can find nothing completly unpluged or hanging. Everything seems where it should be but I could be looking in the wrong spot.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That is my bad, I have the Transformer eee Pad TF101, The link you gave me dose not resemble what i have in front of me. I took the back off I am looking at it and can find nothing completly unpluged or hanging. Everything seems where it should be but I could be looking in the wrong spot.

Do a Google search for Transformer TF101 teardown. You will find some videos. You may need to unplug then plug again to be certain.

dawnofknight

Dec 17, 2012
Here is a guide I did on taking the TF101 apart.

[RS Guide] - Power/Lock button issues?

For the back, there is a screw at each corner and 3 on top looking between the screen and the back and 3 on the bottom looking up between the screen and the back.

Moved to TF101 forum

Yes, thank you for that but I already have the tablet apart and I am wondering how to tell what goes to what. What connects the screen?