ASUS Eee Pad Transformer On Sale April 26th for $399/$499; Thumbs Nose at Motorola

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
asus-eee-pad-transformer-ftw.jpg

In only five days you will be able to get your hands on the new ASUS Eee Pad Transformer, and the pricing that we reported earlier turns out to be correct. ASUS effectively makes faces, and wiggles their rear-end at Motorola and Apple with their super-aggressive pricing model. You can get the 16GB Eee Pad Transformer for only $399 bucks, or the 32GB model for $499. To put it in perspective, here is a recap of the device's specs below:
  • 10.1-inch wide-view angle 178 degree 1280×800 IPS display
  • 16/32GB solid state drive
  • Dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor
  • 1GB of RAM
  • HDMI out
  • "Up to" 9.5 hours of battery life
  • Android 3.0 (Honeycomb)
Even though it's cheaper, it looks pretty much just as juicy as the Moto Xoom, but... oh yeah... you can also get a keyboard dock with additional built-in battery for this puppy later on for only $150 bucks. With a single shot fired, ASUS kicks off the tablet-wars with a real bang, and "raises the bar" for the entire tablet industry. It'll be an interesting summer for tablet technology.

Source: Android.net and ASUS

Last edited:

Garemlin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2010
I am sure we will see a Xoom price drop once these more competitively priced HC tabs start dropping. I am gonna check this one out for sure. Will I take back my Xoom and get it??? Hard to say. But you can't beat the price especially if performance and quality is comparable. The only downside I see is though very slightly, it is skinned. That will hinder future updates.

FaithPast

Apr 17, 2011
How is the weight on it?
I currently use a Viewsonic Gtab and it just slightly more is comfortable. My wife's ipad2 is much easier to use for long periods of time.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Tablet Forum

jdelgado

May 11, 2010
ASUS looks good but like you mention I wonder if their skinned would make it difficult to update with future HC updates.

I am sure we will see a Xoom price drop once these more competitively priced HC tabs start dropping. I am gonna check this one out for sure. Will I take back my Xoom and get it??? Hard to say. But you can't beat the price especially if performance and quality is comparable. The only downside I see is though very slightly, it is skinned. That will hinder future updates.

veryrose

Apr 21, 2011
another asus tablet here:ASUS Eee Slate EP121
Ov_3a1.jpg

*Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
*Ultra-performance tablet with an Intel® Core™ i5 processor.
*Multiple data input options (Digital Pen, Bluetooth keyboard, fingers) for increased productivity.
*12.1″ screen with a wide viewing angle and built-in high quality speakers for an excellent entertainment experience.
*Multiple I/O ports for your expansion needs (mini HDMI, USB, card reader)

i think it'll be good for me