ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Review from SlashGear; Only 10K Per Month Available

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
asus-transformer-review-supply10k.jpg

The shiny new ASUS Eee Pad Transformer is the hottest Android 3.0 Tablet out right now. In fact, not only is a it an ultra-hot seller, but unfortunately the reason why it is sold out is also because ASUS is having supply issues that limit their production to only 10,000 per month. ASUS was planning to crank out 300K per month, but they haven't been able to get all the components they need to hit anywhere close to that mark. Industry intel indicates that they may be able to ease some of their supply issues in June and ramp up production then.

On a separate note, below we have a link to a review from the folks over at SlashGear. They had mostly positive things to say about the device. The only quibbles seem to be the same ones we heard about from the Motorola Xoom... that Honeycomb still needs some refinement, and that there needs to be more apps, etc. Ultimately, the review ended with a pretty glowing sentiment. Here's a quote from their wrap-up,
It’s what ASUS brings extra to the table that makes the Eee Pad Transformer the best Android tablet on the market right now. Its excellent IPS display – albeit only really suitable for indoor use – and clever Keyboard Dock outshine the XOOM and Iconia Tab A500, while its content-creation strengths are arguably far more useful than the 3D on T-Mobile’s G-Slate.
They went on to point out that things will only get better for the Transformer and other Android Tablets in general, and they ended their review with the following, "The Android tablet market is only set to become more competitive as 2011 progresses, but right now ASUS has come closest to the promise of an affordable, innovative slate using the Google OS."

We aren't sure if we will be able to do a review of our own anytime soon, (obviously due to supply issues), but if things change, we will let you know. In the mean-time here's SlashGear's review below.

Full SlashGear Review of ASUS Eee Pad Transformer

Be sure to visit the Asus Transformer Forum for more discussions @ http://www.transformerforums.com/

Other Story Source: Engadget

Last edited:

EpicTaco

Mar 24, 2011
Too bad for the components shortages for Asus, it might hinder sales. This is my fav tablet so far, though it will be interesting how upcoming tablets with keyboard docks will compare (I'm talking to you Lenovo!).

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
What it that one tablet that runs Windows 7 when docked and Android when undocked? How does this tablet compare?

androidgigee

Feb 24, 2011
Best android tablet so far check it out on android-pads.com

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Android Tablet Forum

Weapondrift

Mar 26, 2011
Im just irritated on how Asus is handling this loss of supply. This could have been avoided I think but alas, we shall see if the company deals with its people better then its lack of product.