Asus Eepad Transformer turns on but stays on black screen...help :(

Justyn

Feb 1, 2012
Hello everyone ,I am Justyn, new to the forums.

I bought my tablet back in november and when I updated to the Ice Cream sandwich it was fine for a few days. Then about a week later, the screen would just be black. I reset it and the startup screen will come on, but it will glitch back to the black screen, the first time it happened I just plugged it into the computer and it reset itself. Now it doesn't even want to reset. I've searched everywhere for help. But no luck :(

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
The officisl ICS update hasn't come from Asus yet, so my guess is you've hacked your system. It sound like you will have to completely wipe your system and start from scratch. With the transformer completely off, press and hold the power and low volume button until the boot screen come up. You have to select wipe data or else it will try to boot normally, and since your android is corrupt somehow, it will not boot normally.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Justyn

Feb 1, 2012
The officisl ICS update hasn't come from Asus yet, so my guess is you've hacked your system. It sound like you will have to completely wipe your system and start from scratch. With the transformer completely off, press and hold the power and low volume button until the boot screen come up. You have to select wipe data or else it will try to boot normally, and since your android is corrupt somehow, it will not boot normally.

I have not even attempted to hack it. I just got it working, I'm scared its gonna mess up again. what update did I do then?

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
If you haven't hacked it, you should be on version 3.2.1 if you have all update installed. If you're not on this, you should be able to install all the updates; I haven't had any problems with the current version.

nico233

Jan 29, 2016
my ASUS tablets comes on with the screen blank /black and stays that way ,that's after downloading a recording software I need help please . .wavepad is the name of the software which I download