ASUS MeMO 7HD / Android questions

TickledBlue

Oct 10, 2013
Hi, just got this gem yesterday and am new to Android, tablets, smart-phones etc. Coming from Windows it looks to be a steep learning curve initially.

Problems I have so far.
1:
I want to use Firefox as the default browser but I do not get an option to set it. I have searched the "Setup" section on the tablet to no avail.

2:
I have logged into the Play Store and would now like to Logout from it. I do not like leaving anything logged in, in case the tablet is lost or stolen.

Thinking I could logout via my GMail account I went to that but I am not auto logged in so it must be a separate thing for the Play Store.

I did some searching online but got about a zillion hits and so far nothing is helping. Not sure if it is an Android thing or a MeMO thing.

Is this the best forum section for the these questions? Or, is there a specific one for the 7-HD?

Thanks for your patience. :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I have logged into the Play Store and would now like to Logout from it.

Tap/Left Click your Name/Avatar at the top of a Play Store page. You should get a drop down menu that allows you to "Sign Out".

TickledBlue

Oct 10, 2013
Tap/Left Click your Name/Avatar at the top of a Play Store page. You should get a drop down menu that allows you to "Sign Out".

Thanks, but there is no name upp there. I tapped the three dots on the right and I get "Settings" and in there an opion "Account" shows the account I am logged in with. It gives me an option to change accounts but not log out of any.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Sorry, I guess you have to go there with a computer to see your name on the top line. It didn't work on my tablet either.:(

However, when you enter the three dots "Settings", go to "User Controls" and check the box that says "Password". AFAIK that will make it necessary for anyone trying to buy anything to enter a password in order to do so. Most people use it to keep their kids from making In-App Purchases, but it should do the job for you as well.:cool:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
To log out of your Google account, go to Settings - Accounts - Google - Tap the name (so you see the sync settings) and then tap the menu key and remove the account.

This is really the only way to log out of the Play Store (and all other Google Apps).

ebu8erav.jpg

Also, regarding default apps, go to Settings - Apps - All - Browser - Clear Defaults. Replace Browser with whatever the default app that is opening your links.

Once you clear it the next time you open a link it will ask you which browser to use. You can select the Always option if you want to make it permanent.

Last edited: