Asus MeMo Pad 10 (16G) vs. LG G Pad 8.3 (16B)

catarina.scn

Feb 18, 2014
Hello,
I neeed to buy a tablet and I'm torn between two: the LG G Pad 8.3 (16 GB) and the Asus MeMo Pad 10 (16GB).
I read a lot of things about the two tablets. I was surprised when in different websites the specifics of the tablets would vary. This makes me even more confused. I think in general, from what I read, LG G Pad is considered to be better but I'm not sure.
Can someone enlighten me on which one of the tablets do you think is best and why? I can find them both at the same price so that's not an issue.
Thank you in advance

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
Hi Catarina,
Consumer Reports recently rated tablets and the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB had a rating of 83 price at $330. The LG G Pad 8.3 16GB had rating of 77 at $330 and the ASUS Memo Pad 10 16GB had a rating of 75 price at $330.

Hope this helps.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
When I first picked up the G Pad at a large, local, retail chain-store, I noticed its heft and solidness. It’s a compact tablet with excellent weight distribution, thanks to a sheet of aluminum that covers the back. It’s the addition of metal that separates the G Pad from Samsung’s line of Galaxy Tabs, and sets it apart from the 2013 Nexus 7; LG’s offering has better hardware than anything Samsung or Asus has put out in over two years.