Asus MeMo Pad 10 Update Problem

kvandorin

Oct 1, 2013
Hi. I just signed up as I bought an Asus MeMo Pad Smart 10 in August. I assume the number is the screen size. First a little background. The first one I bought (same model) got damaged by me, and I got the same model tablet in exchange. Now the problem. Shortly after owning the first one, it upgraded to Jellybean 4.2 by itself. I have been waiting for this new one to upgrade by itself and it hasn't. I went to Settings -> About tablet -> System update and the Check update square in lower right keeps flashing on/off, and I get error (Software update box) that says "Internet connection error or the server is busy. Please wait a moment and try again". I have been at this for 2 days now. It surfs the web just fine, email works. Why does Check update constantly flash? Also when the Wi-Fi is on it constantly is using the Wi-Fi, even when it is idle, I see the wireless light on my router and it constantly is blinking. I think it is stuck trying to get the new os and is stuck in a loop. Any ideas? Tablet info: Model ME301T, Android version 4.1.1, GPS version V7.9.16 ... Kernal version 3.1.10-00002-g55ecb4d android@eris)) #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 21 19:45:25 CST 2012, Build number JRO03C.us_epad-10.4.5.27.3-20121221.

Mainly I just want to know if there is something wrong with this one, so I can exchange it if it is defective.

Thanks for anyone's help.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I would try going to a public hotspot to see if you get a better connection. I think it's a WiFi issue. I have more info in the link in my signature.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi kvandorin, congratulations on your Asus MeMo Pad 10 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

kvandorin

Oct 1, 2013
Same result on public hotspot. It finds it, logs on and no update, same flickering check update button in lower right....and same error about connection or server busy....

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It is possible to get a server busy error, frequently, but at the public hotspot were you able to browse, get mail etc.? Did you register your MeMo at the ASUS WEB site?

If everything else is working OK it is possible to manually apply the update if that's (the only) problem,.

kvandorin

Oct 1, 2013
It is possible to get a server busy error, frequently, but at the public hotspot were you able to browse, get mail etc.? Did you register your MeMo at the ASUS WEB site?

If everything else is working OK it is possible to manually apply the update if that's (the only) problem,.

Yes, I could surf, email, everything. It is registered with ASUS. I had a friend look into it for me, and he went in to Apps -> running -> and stopped DMClient, which stopped the constant flashing of the update button, and then it let me update the thing to Android 4.2.1. Apparently it was something to do with whatever DMClient was doing.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I know about both the DMClient and also a file called CMClient but didn't think about that being the problem. Glad you got it corrected.