Asus Memo Pad and Google Play Movies

Jim_W

Apr 27, 2013
Hi all - I now have another issue with my ASUS 7" Memo Pad 176 CX. It doesn't want to play Google Play Movies when I try to play a movie from Disney Anywhere Movies. These movies play just fine on my other two ASUS tablets and also on my Android phone. When I try to play 'Planes' (of course!) on my 176 CX, I can choose the movie and it goes to the video screen, but then the app just goes into the buffing mode and the little partial circle just goes around and around. When I exit out of the app I have a notification that says, "Can not fetch license." Can anyone please tell me what is going on and how to fix the problem? Thank you very much. - Jim Williams
P.S. My 176 CX is running Lollipop OS.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Are you having any issues with using the Internet otherwise?

Are you using the "Movies" app?

Jim_W

Apr 27, 2013
Hi Leeshor - No, I have a good connection here at home and I have used other internet spots, such as, church, library, etc., and have had no problems with them. The Senior Center has an optical cable system (really fast) and it works great with my Memo Pad too. - Just not my movie. Yes, I'm using the Google Movie Play app. The movie I'm trying to play is one in my account with Disney Movie Anywhere. Thank you, Leeshor. - Jim Williams

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
So, it souds as if the movies are the "only" issue. If so it may be the movie app. Go to the app manager, scroll to all and find that app. Clear the cache, force stop and restart your Memo.

Jim_W

Apr 27, 2013
Hi Leeshor - I received an Android OS update today. After installing the update I can now play Google movies. Yea! There is still one small problem, though. When I start a movie the screen automatically rotates to landscape. After the movie, when I go back to my home page, the screen is stuck in landscape. My auto rotate is turned on but no amount of shacking will get it to go back to portrait mode. It only goes back to portrait if I power down and then power back up. - - I'm just happy that I can now watch 'Planes'. I can live with the stuck screen but thought I'd point out this new problem. - Thanks for your help. - Jim Williams