Asus Nexus 7 battery life ?

HsB

Jun 2, 2014
Got it as a gift last month amazing tablet .
Noticed this yesterday that battery seems to last for not too long . Today was the same used it for about 2 hours in total (30 min online gaming , 90 min of watching a video) battery was down to 51 % ! Brightness is auto most the time but for the video I had it set to 4 and WiFi remains on all the time while I use it . using DU Battery saver's healthy charge option when ever I charge it . what seems to be the issue ? Looked around and its the kitkat update that seems to be causing some battery issues but did the update the same day I first switched it on . Got me worried is it some battery issue , or I might have over charged it ? Last couple of days I have been using it while it charged , could that have damaged it and it does get hot too but never more than 37 C . so PLEASE help me out ?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

KitKat has caused some issues on battery life for some users, not all, and the results vary a lot. For some, cleaning the cache and making certain all the apps were updated has helped. For some it required a factory reset which in my opinion should not have been necessary but did work none the less. WiFi - screen and blue tooth are the big battery eaters but frequent syncing can kill it too.

Try using GSam batter meter to get a handle on what is actually going on in the background. Also use Clean Master to clean out the cache.

HsB

Jun 2, 2014
Sure will give it a go just wanna avoid the reset. But gotta wait battery at 12 % , even though used it for 5 hours at most .

HsB

Jun 2, 2014
Is it okay to charge it with a Samsung charger one of those early android ones , and OK to use it while charging . ( questioning my every move regarding charging and battery usage ) and use Clean master every time before I charge it

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It won't work. Nearly all of those other chargers output 5v DC and the ASUS charger is 15v DC.