Asus Padfone Infinity Station

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

It's not easy to compare both of those. They are very different devices with different functions and intended use, There is no good way to answer your question. You need to make a decision on how you want to use the device. There is one possible drawback that many people would like to see. The Nexus line has no expandable memory.

Last edited:

Derideo

Aug 9, 2014
I purchased the Asus Padfone Infinity 2 with the docking station via Amazon and I am using it with my T-Mobile account. This is an unlocked rooted version with only the standard ASUS software preloaded. I bought the 32k model and popped in another 64k SD card for a total of 96k of storage.

What I really like about it is that just using it as a smart phone on a daily basis it will last 3 days without a charge. If I keep it in the Docking tablet it will last about double that time. The only thing that does drain the battery is when I do a lot of reading of eBooks. Leaving the Bluetooth on 27*7 doesn't drain the battery like it did on my previous smartphone.

I chose to buy this for a couple of reasons. I have large hands so having a virtual keyboard that I can type on is a plus. The docking tablet makes it possible to interact via a browser. Only having a single device with phone, internet, data and text is cheaper and easier to maintain. It means that I can connect to my work Outlook, Calendar and Webex for meetings on the docking tablet and that is a big plus for me.

Two gripes and they are not significant. The speaker on the phone is not great but it connects easily via Bluetooth so that is not a problem. The second issue was weird because it kept losing the nano-Sim card. Turns out to be a similar problem that occurred on the iPhone. The Sim tray was shorting out so I used the same fix which just means covering the tray with tape. Never happened again.

I have had this phone for a couple of months now and I am really happy with it. As just a phone it is lightweight and sturdy. I actually prefer it for reading eBooks since it is lighter than the docking tablet. Since I don't have a contract I purchased it directly and yes, it wasn't cheap but given the advantages over a regular smartphone and tablet I am satisfied that it was well worth the money.