Asus tablet (ME301T) Digitizer problem

Bones6987

May 20, 2014
Please help!!! I got this tablet from my mother after she dropped it, breaking the digitizer. In my attempt to remove the digitizer, I broke the LCD screen. I know newborn move, but it happened. Anyway, after replacing both pieces, the digitizer only partly works. Meaning in some places the touch screen works great. Other areas not so much, and sure enough in some areas no response at all. After installing the new screens and turning the device on it did install something new related in some way to the new hardware. My question here is what can I do? The only thing I see that could be the culprit it the port to which h the digitizer plugs into, it's 2 ports that the digi. ribbon plugs into. One of the plastic tops to the ports has chipped off exposing some of the pins. I want to know if this is for sure the problem or not. I really don't want to waste anymore money. Thanks in advance for any help.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

From your description of the issue with the exposed pins I think that's where the problem is. It may not be fixable unless you can find a way to put some pressure on the connector without making things even worse, if that's possible.

Bones6987

May 20, 2014
I've tried pressing on it while using it and there was no change. I do know that a pin or two fell out of the port upon reassembly, but I thought it was an all or nothing deal. Meaning it would or wouldn't work. By chance know anyone who would sell this part for less than $26? If not it's fine, that's just bay's price. Thanks again for the quick response.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
No. I have no other ideas. Those pins are funny/strange. In some types of connections many pins do nothing, in others they all do something even if it's for grounding

Bones6987

May 20, 2014
OK, I have installed all of the following: digitizer, LCD, and digitizer logic board. After all of this I still have a section of the touch screen that does not work. I`ve tried everything I can think of. At one point while my brother was messing with it it just stopped rotating all together. It just stuck in one position. When you powered on, it would immediately jump to that position. The only thing I was able to do about this was to root it and install a custom ROM. I now have full rotation back, however the touch screen issue still persists. Any other ideas? At this point I went and bought an Asus Transformer and am just trying to get this one going as a spare.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
My only other idea is that it should have been sent to ASUS for repair. A little late for that now. ;);)