ASUS TF101 case quest

schwartzkm

Jul 20, 2011
I am looking for a case to protect my tablet. Any thoughts on the qaulity (feel/appearance) of the cases I have looked at below?

http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Folding-...ndroid/dp/B00565T3ZW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Multi-Angle-Leather-Transformer-10-1-Inch/dp/B00547IQCS/ref=pd_cp_e_1

http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Bold-Standby-Transformer-Tablet/dp/B0055UBTSW/ref=pd_cp_e_3

I do have a dock so the case will be used when I go to the local coffee shop or just want to slide it in my backpack with my laptop. Is there a case that will work with the dock? best of both worlds....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Jkirb

Jun 5, 2011
I have the a case and the roocase and prefer the acase for several reasons. It is the same style as the roocase but better quality. I bought mine on eBay sol i would suggest going on ebay and typing in Acase Asus transformer.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
Not sure if this is what you are wanting, but I ordered this and use it for the tablet and dock.
Amazon.com: Case Logic LNEO-10 Ultraportable Neoprene Notebook/iPad Sleeve Fits 7- to 10-Inch Tablets (Black): Computer & Accessories

Works quite well and with the dock covering the screen when it is out I feel it is more convenient to have to carry around. Not a big fan of the cases with stands since I can never really find a comfortable position to use them when I am laying around on the couch or bed.

KickinLady

Jul 7, 2011
I recommend the Aurum case. Mine allows the Transformer to stand either horizontally or vertically, and feels a little thicker than the average form-fitting case. Looks like a portfolio when closed, even has elastic when you need it to stay closed.

I got it through Amazon, direct from Aurum. Very speedy delivery, as well.

Sheree

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Fusioncept

Jul 24, 2011
I got the case crown one you have listed. It is cheap, durable, and is not cumbersome. It doesn't make the tablet feel bulky, and the way it is designed to work as a stand does not add any thickness to it. Very well made and designed.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

korinthe

Jul 30, 2011
I'm considering this one: Amazon.com: rooCASE Executive Portfolio (Black) Leather Case Cover with Landscape / Portrait View for Asus Eee Pad Transformer 10.1-Inch TF101 Android Tablet Wi-Fi: Electronics

I know you have to remove the tablet to dock it, but I think this case will fit 90% of my nondocked needs. It's supposed to be rigid too, good for transport in the diaper bag :)

What I'm wondering is, can it fit the dock as well, purely for transport purposes? Or will that be too tight a squeeze? Anyone tried it?

jaybo323

Aug 2, 2011
Hello, in UK Amazon supply the Navitech Executive Premium Black Leather case for the Asus Eee pad TF101 Transformer, which takes the tablet with or without the docking station, and as the tablet is so good, a little tlc for it out and about seems appropiate!!! Available now reduced from £35 to £20. I shall order mine today!

bradley485

Aug 22, 2011

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
I'm taking a different approach. I'm using a Skinomi Carbon Fiber Skin Protector for both the tablet and keyboard, with a padded sleeve case. I also have a Blurex portfolio which I use when I'm traveling with the tablet only. Really like this approach because it takes advantage of the slim and lightweight profile of the tablet / keyboard combination without the bulk of a case, but gives me the flexibility to protect the tablet screen when using it by itself. With any of these combinations, I can just throw it in my shoulder bag and I'm on my way. I wifi tether with my Evo phone and am totally mobile practically anywhere. Even use a bluetooth mouse when home or in my office at my desks. For me, this setup works better than a 15.3" laptop, a 11.1" Chromebook, or a 11" netbook. Can't wait until the Transformer 2 comes out.

One additional note about the Blurex. There are many versions of this case, all cheaper. I opted for the Blurex because it is the only one that has a cutout for the charging / docking connector on the bottom. This is significant because it allows the tablet to be charged with the case closed. On the other versions, the case must be opened to access the charging port, leaving the tablet face up on the table exposed to anything that might potentially damage it. That was worth the extra $10 for me. And lastly, the tablet can attach to the keyboard/dock without removing from the Blurex case. The case flap simply folds up behind the tablet while docked with the keyboard. Remove the tablet from the dock, swing over the flap, and you are good to go. Quick and easy.

Last edited:

dawndee

Dec 23, 2011
I want to carry the tablet and the keyboard seperatly just in case I need it. What do you suggest as a keyboard case?

caseenBrandon

Nov 15, 2011
We make a genuine leather case, and people love it. But HONESTLY, at 3 dollars and change... You can't go wrong withe CaseCrown case: Amazon.com: CaseCrown Bold Standby Case for ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Tablet: Electronics

Its too good of a deal...

Sigh, posting THE DEAL (I believe they are just trying to close them out, its an amazing deal, a break even without profit for that company!) for our competitor... Oh well! =[ The Case Crown is synthetic leather and not genuine, but its definitely a good case for the price!

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
I'm considering this one: Amazon.com: rooCASE Executive Portfolio (Black) Leather Case Cover with Landscape / Portrait View for Asus Eee Pad Transformer 10.1-Inch TF101 Android Tablet Wi-Fi: Electronics

I know you have to remove the tablet to dock it, but I think this case will fit 90% of my nondocked needs. It's supposed to be rigid too, good for transport in the diaper bag :)

What I'm wondering is, can it fit the dock as well, purely for transport purposes? Or will that be too tight a squeeze? Anyone tried it?

I have this case. Very well made. But it will not fit in the dock.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
And I also have the non-military edition gum drop case. Mine is black. I love this case. Very well made, built in screen protector, and looks to offer good drop protection.

View attachment 5031