Asus Transformer Pad Infinity Gets Minor Firmware Update, But Still on Android 4.1.1

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
infinity-update-oct-firmware.jpeg

Here's a head-scratcher for you. Apparently, there is a new minor firmware update for the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700. This minor update brings the software version to V10.4.4.18; however, it doesn't change the version of Android on the device. Even though Android 4.1.2 is out for several devices, this update leaves that alone, so the Infinity is still on 4.1.1. This update addresses problems with Wi-Fi, the QWERTY keyboard and the camera.

Even though this update doesn't quite get us to the next version of Android, it's still impressive to see how quickly Asus continues to update their devices. It would be nice to see all the OEMs take heed and follow this example.

Sound off if you are one of the folks who received this update already.

Thanks to our tipsters!

Source: TransformerForums

TF700

Oct 6, 2012
Got that too yesterday and installed with no problem whatsoever! :)

No idea what it is about but it didn't cause any problem(s).

dhuhtala

Feb 17, 2011
I got it...no issues. It didn't fix my problem with icons not appearing for 10 seconds every time I change the orientation. I wasn't having problems with the keyboard or camera either...

symonds03210

Oct 22, 2012
I just uploaded and QWERTY keyboard seems to respond faster. Wifi also seems faster. I did a cold boot after upload.