ASUS Transformer Pad Mobile Dock

Barry1

Nov 19, 2011
Good Afternoon,
I just received a ASUS Transformer Pad Mobile Dock for my TF700 today and it is not working.
The keyboard dock charges and also charges the TF700 tablet through the dock, but the tablet is not responding to the new dock at all. Am I missing something?
Any ideas as to what might be wrong.
Thanks for your time,
Barry

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm guessing you are certain that the TF sees the dock and is in fact charging it? Hold the Menu key and tap the O to see if anything happens. If not I would try re-seating the keyboard again with the tablet on.

Barry1

Nov 19, 2011
leeshor I am not sure the TF sees the dock. When I first attach the dock to the tablet the light on the dock was orange and the tablet did charge. The Orange light did turn green after an
hour of so.
What is the Main Key on the dock?
Barry

Barry1

Nov 19, 2011
Not looking good leeshor.
In installed Dual Battery Widget and it tells me 100% on the tablet and the other NOT DOCKED.
I have also re-seating the keyboard many time. Sure like to know if it's the keyboard dock or the tablet.
Thanks again for your help,
Barry

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I must ask this question even though you may have done it. Did you remove the little rubber plugs from the tablet where the dock latches to it? If so, you should get a solid latch and the little button on the dock, (by the left side just under the part where the tablet slides into the dock), should lock when it gets latched correctly.

Barry1

Nov 19, 2011
I must ask this question even though you may have done it. Did you remove the little rubber plugs from the tablet where the dock latches to it? If so, you should get a solid latch and the little button on the dock, (by the left side just under the part where the tablet slides into the dock), should lock when it gets latched correctly.
leeshor Sorry I did not get back you sooner. I did not remove any little rubber plug from the tablet. I did check photos online and mine looks not to have had a rubber plug.
Any other ideas, or am I going to have to send the keyboard back. My only real problem is Dock bad or is the Tablet bad??
Thanks again,
Barry

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If your Transformer was new the plugs should have been there unless something has changed. Did you see the lock slide to the side during docking? That;s the only way to know you have a good connection.

Barry1

Nov 19, 2011
leeshor, Yes I can see the lock side during docking, in fact you can hear it when the dock is installed in the tablet.
Barry

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I can't tell for sure if the problem is the dock or the tablet. I would call ASUS or find a store to try the dock on their demo unit. My wild guess is the dock.

Barry1

Nov 19, 2011
leeshor, Here is a update to my tf700 keyboard problem. I did talked to ASUS about my dock, they said I could send it in for repairs. Well I am sending back to
people that I bought it from for exchange. If this does not correct the problem I will have to send my tablet in for repairs. The guy thinks it is most likely the dock.
Thanks again for all you help.
Barry

Barry1

Nov 19, 2011
Leeshor here is the latest on my keyboard problems. I received my tablet and keyboard back from ASUS today
and they are both working great. I will say that there online status not very good. They gave me the wrong tracking number.
Again thanks for your help.
Barry