ASUS transformer prime TF201 - will not stay connected to the internet ?

Angus4

May 17, 2012
This tablet appears to have a weak wireless adapter/antenna. My daughter's laptop works all over our house with a Belkin N300 router attached to our home PC and Comcast highspeed internet service. The ASUS tablet will not stay connected to the inernet.
What is my best option - buy a newer router? a router booster? a wifi antenna attached to the tablet?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Angus,

I went ahead and moved this to the ASUS Tablets section so you might get some more feeback.

Is the signal weak even if you are close to your WiFi access point? If so, you may want to consider exchanging with the retailer if possible. If it is just a corner of your house, you can try a WiFi repeater to repeat the signal and boost it in that area of the house, but then that is spending more money to make it work (when it should work out of the box).

I know a lot of Prime owners with no issues on the WiFi, but some who do. If it is that much of a nuisance I would definitely try to get it fixed with an exchange or a repeater.

Angus4

May 17, 2012
Frederuco,
Do you know which wifi tether app works best with this ASUS transformer prime tablet, if any?
I have used PDANet in the past, but the ICS firmware is missing something called "tun.ko" - so it won't work on this tablet unless you root the system and install tun.ko manually, which I do not want to do. I purchased a warranty and do not want to void it.
Thanks for your help.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
You should be able to tether to any WiFi phone that broadcasts an infrastructure access point. You could also do Bluetooth tether. You should not need to root your Prime to do this, but you may have to root your phone if you do not have a tethering plan with your carrier.