Audio Problem with Galaxy Tab 10.1

cynicalbleu86

Jul 23, 2012
I bought the galaxy tab 10.1 a week ago...had great time..watching movie,music, utube...etc...
But today all the sudden sound did not come out.
I thought maybe i put it on mute..but no...
So i went into the setting-->sound-->volume--->evrything was normal...so i tried to adjust the volume..but no sound at all.. Only the
alarm worked....
Notification,media,and system...did not work...and it was not even on mute setting..
I even went into tablet option...but it says sound is on....
I don't know what is going on....

Could anybody please help me?

upseng

Aug 14, 2012
I have the same problem.
Most of the sites I have looked at suggest the obvious steps that any novice would check. My hardware probably is fine as I can get the Galaxy intro tune after I power it off and on again. It works fine with headphones and I do not have sticky contacts within the headphone socket.
I have reset the tab (what a pain reloading everything!) and that did not help.
Having said that - the sound does return and stop again randomly. It is most annoying - the apps and movies work fine when they are operational. It is not rooted and has standard paid apps.
A lot of people are experiencing this problem so it must be the same common cause - BUT WHAT IS IT?
If anyone can offer a solution I would be very very happy and appreciative!!
Samsung are not interested when I call them for advice.
I like their products and just want them to function properly!!!!!

Latest info....... I just upgraded to the latest ICS operating software thinking that updated drivers may help. Now it functions like my S3 phone - BUT STILL NO media AUDIO!!!!

Final update ...... removed back and checked connections where possible. Still has sound at start up and sound is always present through the earplug but that is all.
It is now in the trash can!!!! Very frustrating for a device that is just a few months old and treated with care!
Being an ex techie I thought it may have been a flakey driver - hence the new OS - but I am now convinced there is a bad connection somewhere. Finding it is nigh on impossible.
I hope others fare better than this. Good luck. :)

Last edited:

fandm

Aug 17, 2012
Just buy a new speaker if mono or 2 if its stereo just snip the old one or one's near to the old speaker and solder there don't desolder from the board you can't do any damage there .
Then insulate the joints. usually they are about 1.2 watt 8,ohmn.