Augen gentouch 2nd edition

hankm24

Dec 19, 2010
Does anybody know if the market hack/fix works on the augen gentouch 2nd edition. Also does anybody know if i can root the augen gentouch 2nd edition Thx

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Hello hankm24: Unfortunately at this time there isn't a recommended way to root the Gentouch78 (2nd edition). If you try to use the firmware for the 1st edition, you might brick your tablet.

Augen is suppose to be releasing a firmware update for the 2nd edition, but there is no official release date.

hankm24

Dec 19, 2010
So that means i have to side load apps until a hack or fix comes out? Oh and thx for the quick reply.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I thought the 2nd Gen could be rooted with Z4 Root,

It appears that Z4 Root is currently not compatible with the Gentouch78 (2nd edition)...

Z4 Root is compatible with the following devices:

• Samsung Galaxy S devices
  • Motorola Droid X
  • Motorola Droid 2
  • HTC EVO 4G
  • HTC Hero

Last edited:

zevstak

Dec 22, 2010
I have used z4root v1.3.0 on the 2nd Edition Gentouch78 (3.5mm jack, 3 axis-accelerometer, microphone, etc.) and it works fine. However, I haven't been able to get clockwork installed, and from what I've learned so far, you can't make a backup unless you do that first. I'm somewhat unwilling to try other things until I get clockwork installed.

scotttkd

Oct 26, 2010
What the heck??
did not know that there were versions to this thing...I have the white power button 3.5 headphone jack version and not knowing any better a couple months ago I used the instructions in the to install the jesterdroid v0.3, I have had no major issues and everything worked as instructed...I even tried another rom I found out there in the ether for a few days (cant recall the name or where i found it, sorry) and switched back to jesterdroid...seemed to be faster and more stable....all of the instructions seem to be on the money and it works including the market......did I get insanely lucky to have not bricked it??​

scotttkd

Oct 26, 2010
Followed the directions in the first thread in the forum,
Sometimes the rotation works natively other times I need to use the rotation "buttons" that are installed with the rom

wenceslao

Feb 7, 2011
I have used z4root v1.3.0 on the 2nd Edition Gentouch78 (3.5mm jack, 3 axis-accelerometer, microphone, etc.) and it works fine. However, I haven't been able to get clockwork installed, and from what I've learned so far, you can't make a backup unless you do that first. I'm somewhat unwilling to try other things until I get clockwork installed.

hi i just followed this link´s procedure http://augendev.wikispaces.com/How+To+Root
to get root access