Auto-Rotation not working

Music

Feb 5, 2011
On my S7 slim, it's not rotating the screen. I have auto-rotate in the Display settings checked on, and the rotation switch in the tasklist is on (lit up/green) also. I think that's how you do it, then you just turn the screen from landscape to portrait or did I miss something or need to reset or calibrate something?

thx

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
I think there is a software (maybe hardware?) bug. If you reset the device (power off, then on) the slim auto-rotate should work just fine. My slim (and at least 1 other who mentioned it) have this problem as well. Basically, after letting the device fall asleep (when screen turns off) it sometimes gets stuck in the last orientation it was in (either portrait or landscape). I don't know any other way to fix it other than restarting the device. Mine gets stuck about 25-50 percent of the time after falling asleep--which is very annoying.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Mine doesn't rotate at all, but the accelerometer(s) seems to work.

Have you contacted Huawei about the bug? I see a bunch of annoying things, like it vibrates when it shuts down. They should know about it so they can update the OS, and we can see if the update feature works! :)

Not only that bug, but mine hates it when I try to restart it while it's charging. If you get the green battery screen, leave it plugged in, or you'll crash it and have to remove the battery.

I think I will give them a call on Monday.

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Sorry, I actually do get the screen to rotate, but I can't get it to rotate back or to rotate it to the orientation I want. I think the one app I was using st the time had a rotate feature, so that is why the screen rotated. Usually the Market app rotates automatically, but it's not working now. I had to uninstall the Market update because it stopped working (AGAIN!) and the previous version doesn't have a rotate feature.

So as of now, My home screen screen won't rotate, but AFAIK, it worked when I got the device, and I don't want to reinstall every app AGAIN...

andamas

Feb 15, 2011
If you tap the information button in the upper right hand corner of your screen, you should see that the rotation lock is in the off position.
I have found that with some android devices, this one included, respond to a slight shake if the rotation does not occur quickly enough.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I don't think that's a 'lock' in the status area, I would call those toggles (WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, orientation on/off toggles, and a 3-way brightness switch).

If you set the auto-rotation in the Display settings to on, the toggle will be lit or not, according to the Display setting. But I tried it your way, assuming the toggle was off, without the desired result.

Is it possible to reset the accellerometers or something like that so the device knows it was shaken or rotated?

I'm contacting Huawei later (1800-4-HUAWEI)

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I recently learned that the auto-orientation only works under certain conditions.

You need an application that supports it, like the System settings application or IM+, for example. The home screen on the S7 Slim doesn't change orientation, as it would if you had something like Zeam launcher.

JMarty

Sep 19, 2011
This is a known bug. Try this firmware link. I dont have auto-rotation promlems whit this, unlike other firmwares.

tentenbrunei

Apr 24, 2011
just bought this Huawei S7 Slim few week.
i have been tested for few firmware, but i still have auto-rotation problem.
for the begining its working well, after few day or manybe few hours. the auto rotation wont work anymore.
have to turn off and restart S7 slim , then my auto rotation get back to work.
make me very piss off.
do you guy have this issue ? anyway to solve this problem ?

thank you !!

Music

Feb 5, 2011
To restart is the only way I can fix the problem. I don't mind too much because it gets stuck in landscape, and I use it that way most of the time. We need to contact Huawei to correct the problem with better firmware that we can download.

mourioz

Mar 21, 2012
Try this, it will fix the auto rotation problem.

Go to SETTING, DISPLAY, and CHECKED AUTO BRIGHTNESS.

Hope this will fix your problem.

Solidworks

Jan 20, 2012
Hi, guys!
problem is solved by turning the auto-rotation check mark n the auto-brightness!
Try it and you are all going to work.
Good luck.

pep1

Apr 26, 2013
Hi, the auto-roate stopped working. In settings, I verified that the "auto-rotate" feature was checked. I even unchecked and rechecked the feature with no success.

So, when I rotate the phone 90 degrees the screen content does not shift and widen.

I verified the auto rotate feature does not work with photos, text messaging, browser, etc.

Please advise on what steps I should use to correct the problem I have restarted and ive even done a full phone reset ive even tried it in safe mode and no joy please help