Automatic restore data and settings on Asus tablet

bluenite

Jun 12, 2014
When it was set up for automatic data recovery (eg. Email accounts) from Google servers, when it's done?
See attachment.
This operation is not done often, I don't remember how it was last updated. Once I did normally, now I'm somehow not. I restored a backup link with gmail account. What is to be set up, if not after this operation?
thx for advice
Peter

Attachments

• Screenshots_20151231_122255 copy.jpg
    Screenshots_20151231_122255 copy.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 658

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I;m not certain I fully understand what the question is. I can tell you that the Google backup of accounts and settings is lacking in several areas and is only slightly better than no back up of anything. G-Mail accounts don't actually need o be backed up but sine G-Mail is typically set up as IMAP, setting it up again should bring everything back.

bluenite

Jun 12, 2014
I'll try to explain it better:
when I make hard-reset tablet, user data back tunes while the restoration, see sshot. A year ago I did the rest, too, and everything went as it should. All the data I had back without a new setting. This time, nothing happens. It is not related to any Android OS updates? It has meanwhile carried out 2 times ...

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm still not sure I follow all of what you are explaining but when you do a factory reset it sets it back to factory condition, all data and user installed apps disappear. However, if when setting it back up you tell it to sync with Google, (one of the options during the setup process), it will bring back the apps and some settings but a very limited amount of the data.

bluenite

Jun 12, 2014
well, yes, that's just what I don't understand too. Because the last time it was as I described it - after login to the backup account data were downloaded immediately and automatically. Something unknown to me must have happened since then. That's my question - if to someone happened too.