.AVI Video on Android Tablet without converting on a PC

PingEye2

Oct 18, 2011
Hello All, I am brand new to the forum as well as new to the world of tablets.I am also not very tech savvy (though not a complete idiot...I hope!). Here is my issue:

I have determined that both the Toshiba Thrive and Sony S1 have full-size SD Card capability. I do not believe either of these tablets can play .AVI video out of the box.

What I need to be able to do is:

- Record video on my camera onto a high speed (class 6 or higher) 16GB SDHC card

- Remove the card from the camera and insert into the tablet (Sony or Toshiba)

- Play the video

I do not want to convert the file on a PC prior to playing on the tablet.

Is there a player or converter that I can use directly on the tablet?

PS. I did try searching for this answer but I couldn't be certain if some of the recommendations were converting on a PC and then transferring onto the tablet or directly on the tablet. I can't use a PC for this where I intend to do the recording and viewing.

Thanks in advance!

PavtubeVideo

Aug 18, 2011
i never heard about a converter works on tablets, but there are many android players. as far as i know, mobo player can play some avi videos, but i'm n't sure it can play the avis you have, you may try it

Last edited:
D

dvdcatalyst

Hello All, I am brand new to the forum as well as new to the world of tablets.I am also not very tech savvy (though not a complete idiot...I hope!). Here is my issue:

I have determined that both the Toshiba Thrive and Sony S1 have full-size SD Card capability. I do not believe either of these tablets can play .AVI video out of the box.

- Record video on my camera onto a high speed (class 6 or higher) 16GB SDHC card

- Play the video

PS. I did try searching for this answer but I couldn't be certain if some of the recommendations were converting on a PC and then transferring onto the tablet or directly on the tablet. I can't use a PC for this where I intend to do the recording and viewing.

Thanks in advance!

There are a couple of video player apps in the market that enable AVI playback.

RockPlayer and MoboPlayer have been around for a while, but MX Player and Dice Player are currently the ones that offer the best performance, and are optimized to make use of both cores of the Tegra2.

For HD, Dice Player would give you the best playback results without conversion, however, because unsupported video formats do not make use of the hardware decoding of the tablets, you might still encounter some playback issues.

TheCentauress

Aug 22, 2011
There's also BS Player Lite. I've put on avi/wmv and xvid/divx files on my Asus TF and played them with no problems.

Aug 18, 2011

- Play the video

Thanks in advance!

Hello, I know android tablet can play divx avi video and xvid avi video, what's your AVI video codec, is xvid or divx. if not, you must convert it.