Backing up/android market/rooting Colby Kyros MID 7127

trinity52607

Feb 12, 2012
First post here. Just bought Colby Kyros MID 7127. I've seen a bunch of walk throughs on how to root, get the android market, back ups etc. I'm just looking for some advice on what to do first. Ideally I want to do two backups (if possible). One to return it to original factory settings and another after I perform all the rooting and installs. Can you make two? I know there's usually already an option built in that will return it to factory settings. Will this work if the tablet's already been rooted? This is my first experience with a tablet, so please don't think that's a stupid question. I imagine I would have to back it up first, then perform the rooting, do my installs, and then back it up after. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

budcurts

Jan 1, 2012
First post here. Just bought Colby Kyros MID 7127. I've seen a bunch of walk throughs on how to root, get the android market, back ups etc. I'm just looking for some advice on what to do first. Ideally I want to do two backups (if possible). One to return it to original factory settings and another after I perform all the rooting and installs. Can you make two? I know there's usually already an option built in that will return it to factory settings. Will this work if the tablet's already been rooted? This is my first experience with a tablet, so please don't think that's a stupid question. I imagine I would have to back it up first, then perform the rooting, do my installs, and then back it up after. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

The factory reset will not remove SUPERUSER (rooting). All it will do is remove some of your customizing (installed software, network settings, etc...). I first installed the Android Market because you can do that without rooting. However, there are so many software applications you can't install until you change the LCD density. You will have to root to be able to change the LCD density to 160. Those three steps didn't get me in a lot of trouble, but when I tried to fix the Google contacts and email I ended up trashing the tablet.

trinity52607

Feb 12, 2012
The LCD density.....is that why my netflix video doesn't stay in time with the audio? Also, I've been trying to root but I can't get the device drivers to work so I my computer won't recognize the tablet. I've tried the google usb driver from SDK and that's not working. Any advice?