Barnes & Noble Announces Nook Tablet & Price Reduced Nook Color and Nook Simple Touch

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
barnes-noble-nook-color-android-tablet-ebook-reader.jpg

According to the latest news from the Barnes & Noble press conference from this morning, not only will we see the new Android-based Nook Tablet for $249.99, but B&N has also indicated the Nook Color will now be competitively priced versus the Kindle Fire at the same $199.99 price point. Furthermore, they announced that the Nook Simple Touch will be available for only $99.99. It seems as if B&N is really trying to get competitive again.

Here are some of the notable specs of the new Nook Tablet:
  • Seven-inch IPS display with full lamination
  • Videos up to 1080p and 11.5 hours of battery life
  • 16GB of built-in memory with an a microSD slot included for more expansion.
  • Multimedia content, wit Netflix and Hulu Plus pre-loaded on the device
  • Access to 250 magazines and periodicals, as well as comics from publishers like Marvel
While the new Nook Tablet will be a bit pricier (by $50 bucks) than the Kindle Fire, there are some decent reasons to consider it over the Amazon product. First, it has double the storage and it is further expandable. It has a better display, more RAM, free in-store device support and is lighter. Furthermore, it doesn't have the annoying ads that will be on the Kindle Fire. What do you guys think?

Source: Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet Launch & More Press Release

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I like the battery

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Opt

May 25, 2011
These guys are all falling back on what they have for content and services. The Nook Android Tablet has its own App Store and wont come with Android Market and lots of other stuff.
It also has its own version of Android 2.3 which leads some to believe some of the functions other Android Tablets have wont be accessible. Look for people wanting to mod these thse every which way.
All said and done the Nook Tablet imo is a decent machine for $249.00

Merrill

Nov 8, 2011
Do you know if the Nook Tablet will allow you to download movies for watching later when not in a wifi zone. I am NOT referring to streaming movies or sideloaded movies via a computer.