Battery life mid 7022

jjr1314

Jul 13, 2011
Has anyone figured out how to disable the cell standby that is draining the battery without being rooted. I cannot locate the telephony.apk or phone.apk to rename them. I added the quick settings app and tried to disable the phone settings though it with no avail. The battery life is still going to the cell standby to the tune of 75%. I am not rooted yet because i am not very tech savy with this thing yet.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

XRing

Jul 5, 2011
Since there does not seem to be any cell phone circuit electronics inside the 7022.?.
I'm wondering if the phone software is not able to see any phone hardware ,
and is causing a power use reporting error??

Last week, I left my 7022 on just about all day, using it off and letting it sleep with the wifi forced-on.
When it got down to 28%, in the evening, I plugged in the charger.
I'm thinking that 6 hours of reading or chess playing might be possible.. :cool:

It seems like the battery life isn't that bad..

So, if it's true that phone apps are sucking down 75% of the battery, if that drain were to
be removed (with new software), the battery life might end up being phenomenal !

This week, I accidentally left it on about 2 days. The battery was about flat.
When I booted, it gave a Low Battery message and shut down.
I was surprised how quickly it recharged..

jjr1314

Jul 13, 2011
Ok I found the apk's but cannot delete or rename unless rooted. I am trying to figure that out now.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Can't imagine disabling without root. If you are rooted you can just freeze the apps so you don't mess anything up

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
Has anyone figured out how to disable the cell standby that is draining the battery without being rooted. I cannot locate the telephony.apk or phone.apk to rename them. I added the quick settings app and tried to disable the phone settings though it with no avail. The battery life is still going to the cell standby to the tune of 75%. I am not rooted yet because i am not very tech savy with this thing yet.

Thanks for the help.

I found this an Market https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result, haven't downloaded it , so don;t know if if works but it sounds like it does the trick.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Has anyone who actually disabled cell standby and noticed an increase in battery life?

XRing

Jul 5, 2011
That was my question.
If we got 75% more run time.?. That would be amazing!!!

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
I haven't seen anyone post anything about disabling celluar, GPS or Bluetooth, so there is no way to tell. I know my 7022 runs 72% or more forthe cellular radio.
Perhaps that link I referenced above will fix these issues. I am not yet Android savvy enough to do it. Duh :)

jjr1314

Jul 13, 2011
After installing colckworksmod, rooting, installing root explorer, and renaming telephony.apk and phone.apk to telephony.old and phone.old. I'm down to 40 % for cell standby and it's dropping.

jjr1314

Jul 13, 2011
Cell standby does not show anymore in battery usage. We will see if the battery actually lasts longer.

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
Since there does not seem to be any cell phone circuit electronics inside the 7022.?.
I'm wondering if the phone software is not able to see any phone hardware ,
and is causing a power use reporting error??

Last week, I left my 7022 on just about all day, using it off and letting it sleep with the wifi forced-on.
When it got down to 28%, in the evening, I plugged in the charger.
I'm thinking that 6 hours of reading or chess playing might be possible.. :cool:

It seems like the battery life isn't that bad..

So, if it's true that phone apps are sucking down 75% of the battery, if that drain were to
be removed (with new software), the battery life might end up being phenomenal !

This week, I accidentally left it on about 2 days. The battery was about flat.
When I booted, it gave a Low Battery message and shut down.
I was surprised how quickly it recharged..

No Cell Radio app available on the Market will disable the celluar radio. It's $1.99. This allows you to turn off the cell radio without rooting your 7022.
I found that the Battery Usage screen on the 7022 reflects only the battery usage since you last used your battery. So this means you will not see an immediate reduction in battery usage once you download the No Cell Radio app until you recharge your 7022 and power back up using the battery. This way you will esentially reset the Battery Usage screen back to zero.

For those that aren't Android knowledgable enough to attemp rooting the 7022, this is an alternative to the steps taken in jjr1314's accompplishments.

rpcantrell

May 30, 2011
jjr1314:

Is this still working for you? Where did you find the apk's? I renamed the two I found and the system put them right back in. Mut have been teh wrong ones.

Bowtieman

Jul 16, 2011
I have a cell standby of 76% and 100% of time without a signal. It is hunting a cell radio. Which this tablet by Coby 7022 does not have. It has zero phone capabilities. My battery does good to last 3 hours with moderate use. Turned the airplane mode on and then used quick settings to turn wifi back on. It did not help one iota. This model has no 3G capabilities either. I like the tablet but I am very disappointed that a manufacture would sell these with this kind of battery problem. If anyone finds a fix the post it here please. Oh, one final thought I can't turn the gps off either.