Battery Life?

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Alright I am just wondering how's the battery life for you guys.

Mines is not bad, well, because i didn't really use it so much, barely read pdf file in 50% of brighteness . It last almost two days lol ;););)

When i use it moderately, it usually last one day, around 15 to 22 hours i would say.

Attachments

• $Battery.png
    $Battery.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,901
Last edited:

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
If I just check email a few times a day, read news for a half hour or so, maybe play a game or surf the web for a while it will last a couple of days. Usually I charge it every night with well over half a charge still left. But the game Galaxy On Fire, which one of my kids really likes, will drain the battery in a couple of hours. Very odd; nothing else does it like that. Even using GPS navigation, which keeps the screen on, lasts longer.

dieseltown

Jan 28, 2013
I am on mine quite a bit, because I can't seem to put it down.. I have my brightness set at about 35% and can use it all day with no trouble.

flopower1996

Feb 8, 2013
I think battery life is pretty good on our device. I can use it one day without trouble and sometimes two.

laughalot

Dec 4, 2012
This Superbowl was the 1st time my wife worked, my youngest also worked. My oldest is off to college out of town, so I had no one to keep me company. When I messaging oldest before the game she felt really bad for her dear old and told me to Skype her when the game started. We both Skype'd the whole game even though her room mate and couple friends were there. I also had a browser open because she kept sending links to lip reading videos of NFL players and redditt. By the post game ceremonies, I had about 23% charge left. We were on a good 5 hrs. So I figure at least 6 hrs.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I have a qyestion, on jb what about battery? You suggest me to update to jb?

Enviado desde mi XT925 usando Tapatalk 2

There is an issue with JB if the Wifi is turned off. Airplane mode is ok and leaving Wifi on the battery lasts a long time. But if suspended with Wifi off, there is a minor bug that cause the battery to drain faster.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I use GPS maps alot my son's wrestling matches has been all over the place, I found JB simply used to much battery running GPS maps. Doesn't really make sense either. The app is pure gps map, no need for internet. Why JB uses extra battery running a gps map is a mystery to me.
I have tested the app on both ICS and JB, I used JB going to place ICS coming back. The app used the same route both ways.
Other than this app which I need they both seem to get really great battery life.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I am using CoPilot GPS and only used it for a few short trips so far. Very pleased with the functionality, but don't have a feel for battery life yet. What are you using? Do you keep the screen on and bright?

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Add these 2 lines to build prop, under additional build props
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
persist.wifi_scan_interval=180

It should increase the time intervals our tablet looks for or searches for WiFi networks, should increase the battery life

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
So, i should stay on ics right? I am using it to watch movies play some games read some books, office style

I am on JB and leave wifi on all the time. I still get several hours of use on a charge. The screen is what uses the most power. ICS might last a little longer if you turn wifi off compared to JB with wifi on and not connected, but not as much as you might think.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I am using CoPilot GPS and only used it for a few short trips so far. Very pleased with the functionality, but don't have a feel for battery life yet. What are you using? Do you keep the screen on and bright?

This morning on my way in, I used it in high power mode for an hour (I drive kids, a couple of which I pick up along the way, to 2 schools and then come in to work) and it used 20% of the battery, almost entirely attributed to the screen (according to the battery monitor in settings). I am going to try low power settings on the way home. CoPilot has a setting for fewer screen updates and I will also select the option to only turn on the backlight near turns.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

I use Navfree USA: Free Satnav, I never mess with brightness on either OS, they use default brightness, 3 to 3 1/2 hours JB is about dead ICS same time frame is around 50%.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I tried a free one first; I can't remember whether it was that one or not. Unfortunately the free maps for my area are in sad shape; counties wrong for some cities but right for the roads and it made it virtually impossible to enter addresses. Better maps from TomTom are $20 but CoPilot was only $9.99 with good maps (and there is a free one that lets you test pretty thoroughly first) and I like the UI a lot better anyway.

I wonder how well % correlates with reality. If one hour takes the battery from 100% to 80%, that doesn't mean I would get 5 hours. Besides the tablet cutting off at 6% or so, I wonder if the exact same drain that took it from 100-80 would take from 80-60 and 40-20. Based on past experience with other devices, I am betting not. I suspect that full power mode in CoPilot probably make it less than 4 hours. But because most of the power seemed to be for the screen, I have high hopes for the power saving mode...

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I tried a free one first; I can't remember whether it was that one or not. Unfortunately the free maps for my area are in sad shape; counties wrong for some cities but right for the roads and it made it virtually impossible to enter addresses. Better maps from TomTom are $20 but CoPilot was only $9.99 with good maps (and there is a free one that lets you test pretty thoroughly first) and I like the UI a lot better anyway.

I wonder how well % correlates with reality. If one hour takes the battery from 100% to 80%, that doesn't mean I would get 5 hours. Besides the tablet cutting off at 6% or so, I wonder if the exact same drain that took it from 100-80 would take from 80-60 and 40-20. Based on past experience with other devices, I am betting not. I suspect that full power mode in CoPilot probably make it less than 4 hours. But because most of the power seemed to be for the screen, I have high hopes for the power saving mode...
I can get it under 15% per hour using lower power saving settings. It is route dependent though, because I am choosing the option to only back light (turn brightness full) near turns. I could get it lower by choosing device settings and turning brightness way down. Most of the time that would be fine since the audio directions are quite good. But I think having it bright near turns is more realistic.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Definetly jb drains my battery. I have wifi on all day and airplane mode too but watchin just one movie batt stats goes into 50% on ics just down 10%.... Any suggest?

Stick with ICS?