Battery percentage problem

looperted

Feb 21, 2012
So i just bought my sytabex 7-2 yesterday on a clearance sale for $50. I rooted it and got the market, and love it. There is just one problem though. It has a problem with the battery percentage that keeps it stuck at 100%. This wouldn't be that big of a deal if i didnt have to worry about overcharging and battery swelling. Btw it has been doing this since minute 1, and it is currently rooted and running froyo. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and maybe a custom rom would do the trick? Thanks!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Since it is brand new try a hard reset (not sure how you do that on your particular device but it is usually some combo of buttons at the same time). I'm not sure about your tablet specifically but most devices these days have automatic systems to prevent overcharging.

Runaway thermal reactions (fires) are a big concern and precautions are taken in a lot of chargers to prevent them. You are more likely to have an issue with a faulty battery than the charger. In that case there will be nothing you can do about it since you won't know the battery is faulty until it is too late or you get a recall notice.

:)

JP

looperted

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks for the information, but i think on of the sylvania tablets had a problem with overcharging, not sure if it is mine. Ill look for the hard reset combo

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks for the information, but i think on of the sylvania tablets had a problem with overcharging, not sure if it is mine. Ill look for the hard reset combo

That's a bummer. Hopefully the factory reset will straighten it out :)