Battery Replacement

Novel30

Sep 2, 2011
Hi

Hey the Pandigital Novel White is great at what it does for the money.

I had the battery quit on an old RCA Lyra flash player recently and again thought about "throw away electronics" and discovering the tricks to opening the snap-together cases.

Looking forward to the future, has anybody found out the trick to popping open the battery compartment?

For what I use this unit for, it would take a very nicely priced unit that is the size of a paperback with a borderless screen and half the weight to replace it.

Hugh

vader33

Sep 3, 2011
I'm confused, are you asking about taking the battery out of the Novel, or your RCA? I don't know anything about the RCA Lyra player, but on the Novel, it's as simple as sliding the back side of the unit down and off. Now, I had a firend of mine who bought one shortly after me try to remove the back cover and had difficulty. I helped him out by taking a small straight slot screwdriver (like a jewler's) and run it down the groove along the side of the cover. After much pushing and getting some muscle behind it, the cover came off. It's funny because there isn't anything that binds the cover to the rest of the case, other than the clip at the top part of the cover. Just put some @ss into it and it'll come off. Hope that helps!

-Marc

Novel30

Sep 2, 2011
Thank you. That is the answer that I was hoping for. What I expected was something like four trusted friends with very sharp knives pushing in on the corners at once.

Unfortunately the word is that there is no battery for the RCA Lyra and without power I can't even use it as a dongle.

Hugh

Smash591

Feb 7, 2012
I replaced the battery in my RCA Lyra with one I ordered from ??? and it worked fine for 3 months and then it refused to charge properly. I'm again looking for a replacement battery. A friend told me to take it to a "Batteries Plus" or similar store and they will "re-populate" the battery pack with new cells if a direct replacement battery isn't available. Check it out.

BTW, thanks for the info about the Pandigital Novel, mine just started dropping to half power immediately after fully charging. My battery lasted two months after purchasing the unit. I bought the unit at Big Lots but have lost my receipt so it's on me to fix the battery problem.

Oh well.

I found a battery on PortaTronics for $29 so I'm gonna order one.

Cheers.

jmpomerleau

Sep 20, 2012
Hi, I'm curious if the battery fixed your Novel. Mine did the same thing pretty much the day it went out of warranty so I was searching here for a fix. Hope you see this. Thanks.

I replaced the battery in my RCA Lyra with one I ordered from ??? and it worked fine for 3 months and then it refused to charge properly. I'm again looking for a replacement battery. A friend told me to take it to a "Batteries Plus" or similar store and they will "re-populate" the battery pack with new cells if a direct replacement battery isn't available. Check it out.

BTW, thanks for the info about the Pandigital Novel, mine just started dropping to half power immediately after fully charging. My battery lasted two months after purchasing the unit. I bought the unit at Big Lots but have lost my receipt so it's on me to fix the battery problem.

Oh well.

I found a battery on PortaTronics for $29 so I'm gonna order one.

Cheers.

jmpomerleau

Sep 20, 2012
Well, after extensive searching online I was unable to locate a replacement battery for my white Novel. So rather than keep looking for the battery I searched ebay and found one with a broken screen for parts. Got it for a steal! Got both open and now just have to figure out how to remove the battery as it seems to not just pop out! If anyone finds a place to get just the battery please post it in the forums.

Hi, I'm curious if the battery fixed your Novel. Mine did the same thing pretty much the day it went out of warranty so I was searching here for a fix. Hope you see this. Thanks.